“Relaxing Brunch”
Review of Shoreditch

Shoreditch
Ranked #1,217 of 9,442 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 July 2017

We went for a Sunday brunch as a family. Admittedly, we were lucky with the weather as we had a beautiful sunny day after over a week of non-stop rain, but with the doors and windows open this was a perfect spot to enjoy a relaxing meal and a spot of people watching in Kennedy Town.

The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was good. The Sunday roast was enormous and the English Breakfast was very tasty, especially with the black pudding. The food did take a while to arrive but we were not in a hurry so this was not a problem. We all had a dessert but probably rated the main courses higher than the desserts.

A very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours over lunch on a sunny Sunday.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We arrived for Sunday lunch when the restaurant was fairly empty. The service was very slow and it took 45 minutes for our food to arrive. My hamburger was lukewarm and the french fries were the same. My friend's hamburger and french fries were hot.

When I tucked into my hamburger I bit into something very hard. I alerted the staff (manager?) who went into the kitchen with the two shards. She came out telling me that it was only an eggshell. When I pointed out that it was too hard she went back into the kitchen and told me that it was "just a clam shell". When I asked why there were clams in my burger she didn't answer.
She did take the meal off my bill but I couldn't risk losing a tooth so we left almost a full plate, got the bill and left.

Scott W, Owner at Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Sue L.,

Firstly we would like to apologise for your unsatisfactory experience in our restaurant. It is certainly not something which we take lightly or or will tolerate happening in one of our outlets.

Any foreign object, should not be treated as "just" an egg shell, or "just" a clam shell. Dealing with customer complaints can often be a very stressful situation and those dealing with the complaint may, from time to time, use wording which is not appropriate. As part of our investigation I have spoken to the individual who dealt with your complaint and she certainly gave the wrong impression with her response. She knows it is a very serious situation, and apologises for her choice of words.

What is very strange, is that we do not have clams in our restaurant.

We are reviewing the incident and procedures and would like the opportunity to speak with you further if you would not mind to help us with our investigation. Perhaps you would not mind to contact us through our info@shoreditch.hk email address?

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch with a couple of friends. The venue in Kennedy Town looks great, funky and welcoming. The staff were very friendly, the place wasn't busy at all, we ordered our lunch and waited almost 45 minutes to get our food. The manager was embarrassed, said they were short staffed in the kitchen and he gave us a round of drinks. The food was actually really good, standard brunch meals but done well. This is a nice spot well worth a visit

1  Thank StewartRobert
Scott W, Owner at Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear StewartRobert,

I am very sorry for your wait! This was a very tough weekend for our kitchen as they were very short staffed.

I am very glad that the manager took care of you properly and I sincerely hope that the wait did not ruin your experience.

I hope we will have a chance to redeem ourselves in the future with some more punctual service.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

We moved to Kennedy Town last September. We went out to explore our new neighbourhood. We went to Shoreditch on the recommendation of a friend. We were welcomed and treated like old friends.
Food Suburb ! From the simple French Fry with a pint to the Roast dinner. Very, very satisfying.
A good beer selection, and frankly a great mix for the Bloody Mary. Shoreditch has become our local, our go to, and the place we take friends.

Scott W, Owner at Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Richard,

Thank you very much! Very glad that you enjoy our outlet so much. I hope we can continue to please you and the rest of the neighbourhood!

I will pass you comments on to the staff who will be very pleased to hear this.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

It happened to be in Kennedy town to visit some friends and we decided to pay a visit to Shoreditch as it looked fabulous for its deco. It was the right choice!
We shared some food, pretty impressed by the tuna salad and their burger, very tasty!
The service is very good and the friendly lady at the bar always smiling making us feel very comfortable.

Scott W, Owner at Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Chris,

Always nice to receive a five star review, thank you very much!

Since we added the burger to our weekday menu it has immediately become our best seller. House ground prime steak is the key!

Hope we will have the chance to serve you again soon.