“Excellent wonton noodle soup”

Mak's Noodle (Jordan)
Ranked #566 of 10,676 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Very tasty and fresh wonton noodle soup and efficient service. The best i have tasted in Hong Kong so far.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

The noodles were cooked just right, albeit small in portion. The wantons and dumplings were really fresh, and were filled with plenty of shrimp and meat. The soup was really flavourful without the MSG taste! Despite it being slightly expensive, will definitely recommend!

Reviewed 17 December 2016

In passing noticed what appeared a famous little noodle outlet, she we thought as it's lunchtime we should try.
Outside on the front window there are numerous newspaper cuttings related this noodle shop's fame, so in we went.
On checking the quite extensive menu offerings we opted for pork wonton in noodles & a seafood noodle dish.
When the dishes arrived I was hugely disappointed as compared to what I normally receive in noodle restaurants in Hong Kong. What we received was to be honest a very small dish of noodles that was not even enough to serve as a starter. Price was more than average and I have to say absolutely nothing special. I always eat much better and at less than half the price in Hong Kong.
No complaints about the food but they need to serve a meal.
Not recommended as there are hundreds of much better restaurants in this city.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Apparently this place is famous. It doesn't look like much from the outside and you'd never know by looking at it that the food serves here was so decent. Serving sizes are abysmally small though. I could eat four dishes here by myself no worries. Try it for the tasty dishes but don't expect to be full afterwards.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Mak's is very small and very unpretentious, but the food is absolutely delicious. Some people have written that it is "overpriced." I'm a bit confused by this because our meal was about $23 for dinner for two. The portion were not big, but I personally don't like a giant meal and prefer to not stuff myself. There are local Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong that are cheaper, but not by much--unless you go to MacDonald's or some place like that. And the restaurants in the shopping malls are certainly much more expensive. The brisket noodles really are wonderful.

Been to Mak's Noodle (Jordan)? Share your experiences!