“Experience like never before”
Review of Amigo Restaurant

Amigo Restaurant
Ranked #483 of 11,372 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

4 of us had a superb night out.
Unique, quiet setting next to Happy Valley Racecourse.
Amazing classical décor, with a red frock coated doorman to greet you and exceptional experienced friendly staff in black Tie and tails serving us all evening, headed up by Danny.
The Menu was classical French and not only adventurous, but delicious, with wines to match.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Returning to Hong Kong for a visit meant that I had to return to this amazing dining destination. What a perfect venue to break bread with go of friends and have a meal that totally please the senses. My martini was just as I had ordered the escargot tender and redolent with butter and garlic but my main dish was the lobster risotto with mushrooms. I'm not joking there was more tender lobster mean in my serving than rice. I had a great Sauvignon Blanc with the meantime and was oh so pleased by having had the chance to eat here once again. BTW, if you seek the latest scene the most modern decor or a venue for incessant selfies there are appropriate venues in HK for that. This is a destination for gastronomes

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I came here with my family 2 years ago for my mom's birthday but loved the experience. We came back on her birthday this year and found everything to be about 40% worse. The service had gone downhill - for example, we noticed there were a bunch of younger waiters this time around, whom kept laughing (not discreetly) among themselves every time they left a table. It happened throughout our entire dinner. I must have missed the joke but it was really rude as it really seemed they were laughing at the customers.

The food quality was pretty much the same, as well as the music - which we all really enjoyed. Hopefully that won't change in the future because with those prices, there would be no reason to come back.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

A perfect place for celebration. I had my anniversary dinner there last week. It's splendid!
It's a classic traditional french cuisine owning it's reputation for half decade. The oyster soup is remarkable and the sirloin is perfectly juicy. The Napoleon anniversary cake made a perfect end.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I was a regular at this restaurant 30 years ago when it was a big ex pat favorite. I went there this time around with my wife. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great. Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Nick G