“Abalone congee - hits the spot!”

Nathan Congee And Noodle
Ranked #289 of 11,962 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We came here based on other TripAdvisor reviews, as my mum wanted abalone congee and we struggled to find good results from places for it in HK island. Which is a shame, because there used to be a few good places in causeway bay.

The abalone congee here is delicious - the congee itself is thick and silky, with a generous portion of abalone. The brininess of the abalone perfectly complements the neutral taste of the congee. It's quite expensive - HK$180 a bowl but it made my parents happy!

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank DianneG498

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Take away 3 different types of congee and 2 different types of noodle. The congee is so smooth and the liver is so nice! And the noodles are so great too. It is just opposite Novotel Nathan road and so convenient.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank CindyCJY
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Staff asked for my order in English carefully so he could get my order right. The pork meatball congee warmed both my heart and body, it tasted so good! (I was not very hungry but I needed hot food) The meatball was big and chewy, the dough sticks was really crispy despite the cold weather, to the end of the meal. I finished the bowl in mere 20 minutes along with a plate of fried dough sticks. Really glad to have my supper there and highly recommend it!

1  Thank eileenmeow94
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

We ordered 6 bowls of congee with different ingredients, 2 plates of fried dace fish balls and a plate of fried fish belly. The congee is a big bowl, served hot but slightly too watery for me. The fish belly congee was ok but would have preferred if the fish belly was not fried. The liver congee has a generous serving of thickly cut liver. The pork balls congee was quite good - not porky taste. The best was the fried face fish balls served with a very small plate of clam sauce. The fried fish belly topped with garlic and chillies was good. Overall, the congee is ok and I've had better in Hong Kong. If I am around the area, I may visit again but I won't make a special trip to eat the congee. Service is friendly.

2  Thank mosto
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Right across from the Novotel HK, this place has the best congee ever.

I would describe their food as great taste, lotsa ingredients and value for money.

They even have an English menu if you can't ready Chinese like me. B'fast, lunch and dinner!

Liked :)

2  Thank BenSKTso

Been to Nathan Congee And Noodle? Share your experiences!