“THIS BRANCH IS CLOSED”

Berliner German Bar and Restaurant Wan Chai Branch
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed 7 August 2017

This branch is kaput. I used to go here for the beer which was good, and the bread basket. Going somewhere mainly to eat bread may sound strange to you, but I live on the Chinese mainland and go months without decent bread. And it was a five minute walk from my usual hotel. Anyway, there's still another Berliner in Hong Kong but I don't like the place enough to go out of my way.

1  Thank reidmitchell

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Not many people during dining. Good service with smile. I especially love the ham hock it offered which is cripsy. Great with beer.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Again, processed, salty, greasy and unhealthy food... Not a place for me, not a place for your health either. Stay away...

1  Thank G H
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We actually intended to eat at Outback Steakhouse, but they were jam packed, so we went here instead. Solid menu with all of the classic German staples that you would expect. I had the schnitzel with ham and blue cheese. My girlfriend had the 6 piece sausage platter and a beer. Very happy with the quality of the food and the large portions. Very good atmosphere. Service was pleasant, but a little slow hence the 4 star rating. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

There were not many people there during dinner, the waiters were very nice and helpful, they offer me some little cups of beers to try for free while I waiting for my friends. I strongly recommend outdoor seats where you can see Wan Chai's beautiful night.