“"Surprise" Buffet Lunch”
Review of cafe TOO

cafe TOO
Reserve with Chope
cafe TOO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 11,977 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tai Fat Hau
Description: The innovative cafe TOO brings a high level of creativity to casual dining. The ten cooking theatres, each features a different culinary style, showcasing the best of international cuisines as well as stages for the chefs’ engaging performances.
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I've been the buffet lunch at first time and I had a not very good experience....
first of all,we (4 adult of my family)have been arranged a table with surrounded by 4 big families with a lots of kids. I understand that I didn't mention any special requests in my booking but i think you should be flexible to arrange table with guest once you see they come.
second was about the buffet counter, there was not so many choices for hot plates especially Chinese cuisine. The Chinese plates was placed under the hot light for several hours and became very dry but no one was going to replace or refill. That made my parents quite disappointed. Also some of the food tag was not match with the food served on the counter. For example Jelly was serving but food tag was New York Cheese Cake, Tempura also wrong tag with prawns and fish,etc. Moreover My mom found an ANT in the strawberry right next to the chocolate fountain and she return the strawberry to the staff immediately.
Last but not least,the cup served lemon tea was fogged. I think it is because it washed by washing machine for hundred of times, haha.
We paid for nearly $500 per pax for buffet lunch but I think it was totally not worth with this price. Maybe dinner would be better since we have to pay more.

Date of visit: July 2018
IslandShangri-La, Executive Assistant Manager - Food & Beverage at cafe TOO, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Kimmy K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I apologise for your disappointing experience at cafe TOO, and have relayed the feedback to the culinary and service team for necessary improvements. My team will also be in touch with you shortly as we would like to make up for this disappointment.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

The breakfast buffet is second to none offering a wide selection of hot and cold food. They have western food, Chinese food, Japanese food, Indian food, a wide array of fruits & juices, freshly made pancakes & waffles, a dizzying assortment of pastries and breads. You will surely find something here that will tickle your fancy!

Date of visit: July 2018
IslandShangri-La, Executive Assistant Manager - Food & Beverage at cafe TOO, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Flaneur98,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our selection of dishes at cafe TOO. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I only been there for their buffet, that's why I said only if you have four or more; as I find it's no fun if you only have a small table. My mother loves buffet as she can see a lot and pick a bit of this and that without stuffing herself. In Hong Kong almost all five stars hotels offer buffet especially on Sundays. My advice is pick the more expensive ones so you won't be disappointed because certain items run out. Even though expect to be crowded as Hongkongers love buffet.

Date of visit: April 2018
IslandShangri-La, Executive Assistant Manager - Food & Beverage at cafe TOO, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Thissiteisnotforme,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you and your mom had an enjoyable meal at cafe TOO. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel Buffets are a "thing" in Hong Kong, compare to N. America's, Hong Kong version offers way more varieties; they usually includes regional dishes from all over the globe.
Cafe Too's selling point is their selection of Seafood; special features are offered on Thursdays: Fresh Hamachi, Ahi Tuna, Tako, Ama Ebi, etc.
Whole Boston Lobster, Lobster Claws stir fried in peppercorn, French Crab, King Crab Legs ( a bit salty ), Snow Crab Legs, Tiger Prawns, Mussels, and more.
For meat eaters; the carving station offers; Roast Prime of Beef, Roasted Turkey, Grilled Australian Lamb Chops and an assortment of Chinese BBQs. Walk a bit over and you get the Tempura Station with Prawns, Japanese Horse Mackerel, Okra, Egg Plant, etc.
Then there is the Teppanyaki station; go for the Cubed Beef; tender morsels of juicy beef, medium rare and perfect with the Ponzu sauce that's offered!
Prices are in the medium high range of HK$600+, which in my opinion is well worth considering the location, the quality and selection of food items, service etc. (complimentary valet parking; enquire for more details).
Special mention is their service, very friendly and courteous, they take time to explain how the special drink menu works (pay a flat rate for a 3 hour drink affair; choices of Juices, Soft Drinks, Beer, Wine) etc.
Also kudos to the Host at the front; Mr. K. Yiu; he as been extra gracious by calling me back after we have left the hotel to let me know that they have adjusted my credit card payment due to their mistake. I totally appreciate his professionalism!

Date of visit: June 2018

Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable meal at cafe TOO. It would be my pleasure to commend my colleague for his exemplary service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

That is my first time to visit here, I will said lunch time also valuable to try, they have many hot and cold items.

The table was big and the servers were helpful and attentive. Most important is the price so reasonable.

If you able to have a long lunch, please come at 1200, they start at 1200 and finish at 1430.

They do have a lot dessert, all of them were so good, not only the cheese cakes, also have some small items and pancake!

Date of visit: June 2018

Dear sakichin223,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable meal at cafe TOO. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!