“Lunch”

Plat du Jour
Ranked #871 of 10,681 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$32 - US$38
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Description: Founded upon our unapologetic love of regional French cuisine, this uncomplicated, authentically Gallic bistro was a natural choice for the first standalone Swire Restaurants. The menu for Plat du Jour, meaning 'dish of the day', was created by long-term Swire Hotels collaborator David Laris who made its ever-changing daily specials the bistro's pre-eminent feature. Laris, who is renowned for his success at Sir Terence Conran's Mezzo and his namesake restaurant Laris at Three on the Bund, also ensured Plat du Jour would make waves with its all-time classics such as steak tartare, boeuf bourguignon, moule marinières and tarte tatin. With burgundy leather banquettes, marble table tops, full length mirrors and a traditional mosaic entrance floor, Plat du Jour's interior, designed by Zangellini & Holt Associates, allows our guests to experience the cosy, much-adored Parisian bistro atmosphere.
Reviewed 12 December 2017

In a food court, that has a very eclectic and expensive looking eateries, Plat Du Jour, stood out for its outdoor eating patio, even though its all indoors. Lunch time can be quite busy, however I was promptly seated, and attended to without any hurry nor was I given the feeling I was being rushed! The food is French /American fashion, and very modern. I would highly recommend the signature cocktail, with hints of ginger, gin & apple absolutely delicious! The crab salad served on a pancake, was light refreshing & delicious, and since I was still hungry I opted for the Burger.
Soft delicious brioche style bun, and a great Wagyu pattie. It was a wonderful lunch finished with a really good espresso!! Prices very reasonable!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Had dinner a few times at this restaurant but not lunch .So since we were watching a movie at AMC ,we decided to grab a quick lunch before the movie. It was crowded as usual at PP & luckily we made a reservation earlier .There is a good selection of 2 or 3 course set lunch. Had the quail salad, roasted chicken & Angus beef burger . As for dessert,only manage to try the apple tart with ice cream ,which turned out to be extremely delicious.Service is good & quick,especially after told them we were rushing for movie. Good food+ Good service !

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Taikoo Place and the nearby areas have become a hip dining place for a while, but I didn't come very often even though working on the HK side. Tonight we took a detour and had dinner at Plat du Jour, a French-style bistro offering a variety of signature French dishes.

We went for the 3-course set, with me taking Escargot Bourguignon and my wife taking the Smoked Salmon. The escargot is delicious, with plenty of garlic butter. On the side there are two slices of baguette which can be used to soak in the butter after finishing the snails. A nice appetizer to begin the meal. I also sampled the smoked salmon. It was nice as well with the salmon soft and full of flavors, and adding the fennel and creme fraiche the taste is further enhanced.

The main course I ordered is Moules Marinieres, another signature of the restaurant. The mussels are fat and juicy, and the white wine sauce has a lot of cream added, so it is very rich. I asked for more bread so I can also soak the sauce with the bread. There are also frites accompanying the dish, with the aioli sauce a good dipping option than ketchup. Another good dish. My wife had the Roasted Half Free-Range Chicken, which is fair in quality but not particularly interesting.

For the dessert I chose Apple Tarte Tatin, yet another signature French cuisine. The caramelized apple is baked on top of puff pastry, with a vanilla ice-cream on top. For me I would prefer the crust to be made by shortcrust pastry instead, and the puff pastry for this one unfortunately did not show the crunchy, flaky texture that a puff should possess, but rather chewy and tough. Even though the apple has the right tartness to balance the sweetness, it was a bit of a disappointment particularly it is one of their signature. My wife ordered the Classic Creme Brulee but I didn't try it as I was already very full then.

The environment has the French bistro tone but my other issue was that the air-conditioning was not working well, and throughout the meal it was a bit too warm for me. Even though not exactly sweating, but not very comfortable for sure. The service is acceptable but also can be improved, like explaining the dish to the customers, especially given the restaurant was not that busy on the night.

The total bill is $710 for two, including a bottle of water. My overall rating is 63/100.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

One of our regular Bistro's when in Hong Kong, perfect for either Lunch or Dinner ! Great dishes simply prepared from freshest ingredients, great value for money, attentive staff and nice atmosphere, Compliments !

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

A 2 course dinner with rosé wine and water for 3 cost us HK$1,670.
The service was correct, temperature as well. It was a bit noisy but overall a good spot for dinner.
Snails and Bouillabaisse were perfect.
The Salmon tartare and the Rosé were a disappointment.
Overall a bit pricey but a true French cuisine.