“Flocking good roast goose!”
Review of Kam's Roast Goose

Kam's Roast Goose
Ranked #224 of 11,820 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Kam’s is a Michelin star restaurant since 2015, and renown for their roast goose. Needless to say, it’s very popular and most often has a queue. We arrived about 7:45 pm and waited about 35 minutes for a table. Our order was a 1/2 goose served with a plum sauce, and a side of steamed veggies. With a couple of lemon teas, our check came to US$54, not bad for a Michelin star restaurant.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

We waited for more than an hour to be seated. The hostess on the main entrance, can be a little more polite coz her attitude approach towards queuing diners can be improved.

Overall, we were satisfied with the wait tho some negative comments that i read before dining is not as bad as they have commented. Quality, texture and taste is really good BUT...it seems to be on the salty side for us.... just our preference...

To all diners, worth waiting if u dont mind.....

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Getting to Kam’s at a reasonable time to avoid crowds was the challenge due to my schedule. I took the MTR and walked from the Wan Chai station to the restaurant is around 10 minutes. Unfortunately it was really busy. My only option instead of waiting in the extremely long line was to get takeout. I looked the popular references in other postings and ordered the 1/4 upper goose and a side of BBQ pork. Ordering was easy just go up to the desk no waiting. After placing the order you’ll get your order number printed on the receipt and then asked to wait outside. In less than ten minutes they came out shouting my order number and I just showed him my receipt to get the food.

The upper goose portion was mostly breast meat which is what I wanted. Skin was chewy (not crispy like I have eaten at other places) and meat was reasonably tender. A plum sauce container was also included for dipping and it added the right amount of sweetness for me.

The BBQ pork portion was cooked well but some parts were fattier than others. The fat helped add a bit more flavor and tenderness but I ended up removing most of it.

Overall a shortcut way to experience the Michelin rated food but will try to come again so that I can try other items.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Well known michelin star roast goose that broke away from the once famous yung kee. My 3rd time here and arrived at 9pm to avoid the mile long queue. The risk is that they may run out of goose but luckily tonight i got 1 of the last portions

The owner/maitre'd out front was surprisingly nice and so was the waiter/owner. HK service at such places can be so touch and go, this place beat my expectations

The goose was tougher than i remembered it. They have other dishes but as a solo diner, i couldn't sample too much

If you ask me, the goose at the various 5 star hotels are better

Goose 3 stars, service 4 stars

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We went at its opening time of 11.30am in a Monday morning and there was already a queue there. The service staff who attended to us was patient and friendly considering how crowded the place was - a rarity in HK restaurants. We had the lunch set (x3) which came with a main, side and soup, plus ordered extra veg and plate of bbq pork, paid a total of HK$320 and were stuffed! The individual meat portions were generous and succulent, and the soup had it own ingredients. Worth a visit every time i come to HK.