Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Douglas C
Singapore, Singapore

Clean, convenient, cheap!

Review of Fortune Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Apr 2019
Probably one of the most affordable accommodation options in town! They've got specific instructions to get there, so you can't go wrong if you follow those. It's clean, hosts are super accommodating. TV channels are limited, and strangely enough the CCTV videos are on one channel, so bring your own entertainment (you'll probably want to rest after exploring HK anyway).

TIP: Request for a room on the inside, without windows if you want a quieter room. You won't get a window, but not like there's a view to enjoy when the buildings are packed so tightly to each other, and you'll look right into someone else's apartment across the alley.
Date of stay: April 2019
Room Tip: Request for a room on the inside without windows if you want a quieter room, no view to enjoy...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    HK$491
    HK$538
1.6 km from Fortune Hotel
View more hotels in Hong Kong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2019 via mobile

Hong Kong has some of the most expensive real estate in the world. So hotels are expensive. This place was micro but it exceeded my expectations. It’s not that hard to find. Our taxi driver had no issue and google maps is pretty good these days. It’s small but super clean and it’s got good air con. The location is exceptional and for these prices, at that location, you can’t go wrong. My only regret is, it’s full on my way home so I can’t stay again! If you’re after high end lux this is not your place, but if you want a good sleep, in a good location, at a fair price, this is your place! Criticisms are the lift was a bit slow but that’s not the hotels fault. Next time I’m in Hong Kong I know where I’m staying.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SydneyLindsay
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Very good hotel for the price in the heart of the city. Mong Kok is a very good location for shopping and the hotel is located near the market. The rooms are a bit small but it is very good for the price.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I can't even call that a hostel. This is a hotel with no signage outside, the poor taxi driver had to go in circles to know where to drop me and of course the meter was going. Then he decided to drop me in front of a mall and l got the feeling I was left stranded. Went through a corridor, met a concierge who speaks Chinese only, I showed him the address of the hotel in Chinese and with his fingers he pointed level two. Went up in the elevator, no hotel up there and down again and using sign language to try to tell him there is no Fortune hotel there. Of course he could not help me any longer. Tried to get the attention of a few passers-by by showing then the Chinese hotel address, one guy tried to explain to me, again in sign language, that it is number 5 not 2. Back in the elevator, damn it, but there is no number 5. Went down and tried to get help from other passers-by, then a guy with some English told me, of the two elevators, the right one is for even numbers, the left one is for odd numbers. Ok went up again and finally saw the reception of Fortune hotel. The guy at the reception does not speak any English at all. He got me to fill in a form with all my details and gave me a key and showed me my room. Room quite small to be expected, but when I opened the toilet door, I was a bit shocked, but where is the shower? In the toilet, there is a hose, so this is what you are supposed to shower yourself with? No way. It reminds me of the hose that you find in those Asian Squat toilets. In some hotels they take money from your credit card at check-in and in others they do it when you check out. My first night I was sleeping and at 11 pm someone was knocking quiet hard at my door and when I opened, I saw the Chinese guy I met at the reception, he kept shouting, money, money, money. Then I figured out, he wanted me to pay now. Again with sign language, I tried to make him understand, I am sleeping, I will come at the reception in the morning. Most employees there, because of their lack of English, when they speak to you, they shout at you in Chinese, not in a friendly tone, maybe they think you will understand Chinese if they shout. My second night, I woke up around 5 am to drink some water, and had a strange smell near my pillow, I turned the lights on and saw a bed bug crawling. I immediately pulled the pillow case out, just in case there could be more inside, I was horrified, this is the dirtiest pillow I have ever seen, it is so disgusting to imagine I slept on that filth. After a 12+ hours flight from Vancouver, to avoid a 9+ hours layover at Hongkong airport, I wanted to spend two nights in Hongkong to rest and recover before heading back to Perth. Frankly, now that I know what I was offered, I would not have stayed at this place even for free.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bluering73
Reviewed 3 May 2018

What I like about the stay is, it's location. It's close to almost everything. '

1.There is McDonald near by.
2. There is an Indian restaurant near by , couple of street across.
3. Staff arevery honest.

Don't Likes:
1. Room was super small. I could see the partition wall of the other room extended to my room.
2. Lift service was very slow.
3. Staff doesn't speak understand English.
4. AC was not that great.
Verdict:
A couple can stay a week there w/o much incontinence.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank swagatdash
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in November 2017. The best thing about this hotel is its convenient location Mongkok area. It’s only 2-3 min walk from the nearby Mongkok station exit. The room is very small, but AC works fine and quite safe around and cozy if you just need a place to sleep. I found this style of accommodation very unique and this experience added more fun to our stay in Hong Kong.

Date of stay: November 2017