All reviews kwai fong week stay octopus card superior room airport express on hong kong island kettle password supermarket soap hkg
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The one plus, the staff are not rude. They aren't helpful, but they aren't rude.
Breakfast is a bread roll and a coffee... not continental breakfast. And when they were out of juice - they said too bad.

I was a little frustrated about the fact that information wasn't offered to guests. Do you know, people are a LOT less annoyed when you just tell them the truth.

• If you think you'll save on money for having breakfast included... spend more on a different hotel.
• my fire sprinkler was rusted.
• the bathroom was not clean
• mold was on the shower curtain
• the shipping yard is 24hr, so if you are a light sleeper - ask for the other side.
• the pool closed seasonally (So maybe rambler... advertise the dates??? Cause I would swim in 27 degree weather)

Really lack lustre stay. Inconveniently located and no amenities. But, if we aren't winning... we are learning where to NEVER return to.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Had stayed previously in sister hotel next to it - Rambler Garden. Both are about the same except I somehow felt this room was a bit smaller. It is a bit further to walk in from entrance and further from shopping centre underground than Rambler Garden. What irritated me was being told I have to pay for wifi at lobby by one of the staff. That's ridiculous cos earlier when I checked in, another staff gave me a slip with the password but I lost it going to my room. When I called for the wifi, I was refused saying that my room did not include it. He refused to give me lobby's wifi even. In the end, I asked another staff much later on and I got it.

There's easy transport by the mini public green bus from hotel to Kwai Fong or to Maritime Square (Tsing Yi station). Just HKD 3.80 per ride.

Expect busloads of mainland chinese tourists.

I had better experience with Rambler Garden. Perhaps just my luck with the front desk. I will choose Garden over Oasis if both are about same price (which they usually are).

Room tip: High floors
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2018

The hotel management needs to seriously look at the Front Desk staff and the sub-standard service they provide. Absolutely no regard for customer service. Rooms are poorly cleaned if at all.
Will not book at this hotel again

Room tip: Ask for a deluxe room - superior rooms are terrible if you on business travel
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

The front desk wasn’t busy when I was waiting for check in. Staff weren’t nice to me. I was asked to pay by cc but I was charged with booking.com. One of the staff named Margaret was rude and impatient.

The room was so basic & not clean enough. I saw some stinks on the wall and in the toilet. The cleaner didn’t change bed sheets, pillow case, coffee mugs for 6 days.

No offense. I just didn’t understand Chinese tourists. The hotel was full of them. There are 4 elevators but I was being squeezed in the elevator every time.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank KirstyKKP
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday 09 June, 2018 for 1 night. I was a little skeptical reading some of the reviews but had a very pleasant experience and I will stay here again in future.

A32 bus from HKG airport costs HKG18.9 on the Octopus card and take around 20-25 minutes to get to Cheung Ching Estate. From there it is around a 10 minute walk to Rambler Oasis. Schedule is every 20 minutes.

Check-in experience was very pleasant and they did not have single rooms so I was updated to a double room on the 28th Floor. The room includes free wifi but for some reason I could not get the wifi to work in the room but it worked fine in the lobby.

The room itself was quite OK. There were 2 single beds together, a working fridge and air conditioning. I slept from around 11:00pm to 9:00am without issues although if you don't light in the room this might be a problem as they don't have curtains but pull down blinds. I did not hear any noise from container terminal. In fact I could hardly hear any noise in the room. Shower in the morning was quite good even if bathroom is a little small but that is not an issue for me.

I had a flight at 8:00pm on Sunday night but wanted to spend the day in the lounges at the airport but did not have boarding pass. Asked at reception and they said around HKG10 to print boarding pass for me. So I checked in online and sent front desk an email of boarding pass and they printed free my boarding pass free of charge. A short walk up the hill and only waited 2-3 minutes for A32 bus back to airport.

I will definitely stay here again in future if I am travelling solo.

Date of stay: June 2018