US$606
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$433
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$189
W Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$366
US$303
US$230
US$220
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Upper House(Hong Kong)
US$573
US$522
US$500
Trip.com
  • Pool
Mojo Nomad Aberdeen Harbour(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$61
永安旅遊
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstsuen wanmtr stationbus stopshopping mallsingle bedrooms are smallwalking distancebreakfast buffetconvenient locationfree shuttleearly checkairportprosconsconveniencetransit
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed here on a family trip to hongkong last year with 2 toddlers and 3 adults cramped in one room. We were given a family room with 2 singles beds just put together to make a queen size bed and 1 single bed, room was tiny and just a step away to the bathroom. Breakfast was bland, but good enough to fill your stomach for at least before the lunch time, or before your morning city tour. But I guess it's good enough for the money we paid for the stay. It's rather cheap!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elavator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jm M
Fion W, Manager at Silka Far East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Jim M

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at SIlka Far East, Hong Kong. It is always encouraging to learn that guests satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great location and friendly staff... If you are traveling all around Hong Kong this hotel is good for it is so near to the MTR (Metro Train) .... and also near to the Hong Kong Airport and Disneyland ... a lot of great Restaurant also near the place and Malls...

Room Tip: just inform the front desk if what room you like... or what view you like...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank n_alunan
Fion W, Manager at Silka Far East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear n_aluan

Thank you for staying with Silka Far East, Hong Kong and we delighted to hear that you satisfied our convenient location for shopping as well as visiting Hong Kong Disneyland. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again in near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The best option if you travel from Guangzhou to Hong Kong by bus. The bus station and also underground station Tsuen Wan is opposite to the hotel! The underground network is just perfect, you reach all major points and highlights easily and fast!

The hotel is OK if you stay 1-2 nights as the major problem for us was the lack of fresh air! There is any window that can be opened nor in the rooms, neither in the corridors. The room is clean and small (but this is everywhere in HK at this price) with all necesary facilities: TV, fridge, A/C, phone, small batroom with shower, hairdryer and FREE WIFI.

Near the hotel, there are many streets with restaurants, shops, market with fresh vegetables and fruits, exchange houses, shopping malls. The location is very animated with local people and especially Asian tourists (I saw in 3 days only 2 Western, but we like this :))

One important remark! All restaurants near the hotel don`t sell any alchohol but some of them accept to bring your beer or alchoholic drinks from outside.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Didi P

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your positive feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied our convenient location with more shopping malls and localized restaurants. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here for a few nights in December on business.

I requested a double bed however was disappointed to receive a twin room - no mention was made of this, it would have been nice if they had made an apology for this. It's not nice to feel that a request has been totally ignored. The room itself was nice enough - as others have said, it's very compact... fine for one person, at a squeeze you could fit two - if you don't mind spending all your time sitting or lying on the bed! I guess space is a premium in Hong Kong and sadly it's almost impossible to stay anywhere in HK if you are on a budget. Again, the price was reasonable considering HK's extortionate room rates, however I'd prefer a little more effort to be made on the front desk. The cleaners / housekeeping staff were excellent and very friendly and polite. Receptionist was a little frosty. Was a little surprised that I was made to pay the total cost of my stay upfront upon arrival when I was clearly exhausted after a long day of international travelling - this required me to have to go on a wild goose chase around Tsuen Wan in search of a currency exchanger. I can understand the need to exercise precaution however I think a balance should be struck and maybe a little more courtesy extended to the guest. Having lived in China for some time I am aware that "customer service" is often an alien concept however I'd expected Hong Kong to be a little more advanced in this area, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not saying it was bad, merely lacklustre. I was also a little disappointed that breakfast was not included in the price. I had breakfast at the hotel on only one occasion - it was ok - the usual fare of hot and continental buffet. The hot "English Breakfast" buffet was adequate but I have realised by now it is almost impossible to find an authentic English Breakfast anywhere in Asia, so perhaps I should lower my expectations. I am always disheartened to see a lack of real bacon at breakfast, replaced instead by a cheap processed ham. But this seems to happen at most hotels in Asia. I probably would have been happy to pay for breakfast each morning if it had been a little more exciting.

Overall I would say that the hotel was adequate - it met my needs, i.e room with nice decor, clean bathroom, TV, WiFi, good location. Would I recommend it? It is fine as hotels go, (it's not a "nightmare hotel" like some places I've stayed.) It's fine if you just was a clean, compact room with good connections to the Metro and you don't mind lacklustre customer service. Would I stay there again? To be honest, the frosty reception and the smallness of the room would make me think twice. I'd rather pay a little more and stay even further out of town in one of the hotels by the coast, with bigger rooms and a bathtub.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear TropiGal82

Thank you for your stay in Silka Far East, Hong Kong. Please do accept my sincere apologies over the Reception service and we will try to provide pleasant accommodation service to care different needs. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Checked into this hotel for a 5N/6D stay on our 1st visit to Hong Kong.
Rooms are a little small but by Hong Kong standards, I guess it was acceptable.
Great location in Tsuen Wan, umpteen eating outlets and shopping, both modern and traditional.
Super friendly staff.
My only comment would be the breakfast.
We had the same spread on all 5 days.
It would be great if the Hotel Management would alter the selection slightly especially for guest who stay longer then 2 -3 days.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Chelvijay

Thank you for staying in the Silka Far East, Hong Kong and your positive feedback about our hotel. We delighted to hear that you satisfy our convenient location and attentive service during your stay. Moreover, we will take even greater effort on varying our breakfast buffet. Hope to see you again soon!