“Ustaz was not very nice”

Kowloon Mosque & Islamic Centre
Book In Advance
More Info
US$83.00*
and up
Contemporary Culture Hong Kong Evening Tour with...
Reviewed 25 April 2018

It was marketed as an Islamic Centre 8 yrs ago. I didnt know it was a mosque as well & in my mind was traditional architecture of the mosque. I was wearing a 3/4 sleeve dress with tights, it was not skimpy. I went with 2 other friends. Upon the 1st step into the mosque, the ustaz just roared & screamed at me & pointed in my face that I wasnt dressed appropriately. If I've known it was a mosque, obviously I wldnt entered it wearing that dress. I've met many ustaz in my life & they are very very very nice even when pointing out a mistake. It was very UnIslamic of him, that even scarred me for life...& actually I felt embarrassed for him, cos he is an ustaz. And you know what, we didnt get to eat there & didnt bothered coming back.

All reviews
"chinese"
in 3 reviews
"culture"

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

If u are into Muslim u probably find ur peace inside...not loud prayer can be listen at sunset unfortunately so seems to silent for being a real mosque in the end...unfortunately.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

the Kowloon Mosque and Islamic centre is located on the corner of Haiphong Road and Nathan Road. It is the largest mosque in Hong Kong and is over a hundred years old.

It has a capacity for about 3,500 worshippers.

This is a good meeting point for anyone. It is next to a metro line exit.

The architecture is quite attractive.

2  Thank Mazmannan
Reviewed 8 December 2017

The Mosque is one of the well known meeting point to us locals as it is just next to the MTR exit. Kowloon Park is just behind it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Kowloon Masjid and Islamic Centre or Kowloon Mosque and Islamic Centre (Chinese: 九龍清真寺暨伊斯蘭中心) is second among five principal mosques constructed in Hong Kong. Located in Kowloon at the corner of Nathan Road and Haiphong Road next to Kowloon Park, the mosque is currently the largest Islamic house of worship in the city. The mosque holds 5 prayers daily and is capable of accommodating up to approximately 3,500 people.

The Kowloon Mosque and Islamic Centre was first established in 1896, on the site where the Tsim Sha Tsui Police Station now stands