“Enjoyable Lebanese dining experience in HK”
Review of Zahrabel

Zahrabel
Ranked #620 of 9,325 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Private Dining
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: As a second generation family-run establishment, Zahrabel serves fine Lebanese mezze and wines in an exclusive, intimate environment. Based on the legendary Zahra Restaurant, the original pioneer of Lebanese cuisine in Hong Kong, all of our authentic signature family recipes are cooked with love and pride. At Zahrabel, we truly believe that food is a celebration of life, and the sharing of food represents the sharing of joy.
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We went there on a Saturday evening and the place was not crowded at all
The dining room sets you already in the mood of a Mediterranean diner. We had the 6 course meal and this was quite suffisient. We really liked that the pita bread is not limited. This is quite rare in HK as the patrons usually have to pay for every single serves of bread. All the dishes were delicious and fragrant. The staff was very courteous. The restaurant offers Ksara and Musar wines by the glass which are the go-to Lebanese wines.
Overall a very nice dining experience for a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I visited Zahrabel for the first time as part of a lunch group. Since there were many standouts I would love to share these with likeminded foodies: the area is modern with Mediterranean flair, their service is really very elegant and now let me detail the food. For around HKD180 I opted to have the Executive Lunch Set to which I added Shish Taouk kebabs as a hot dish and a fresh Lemon Soda for my chosen beverage. This all came with baklava and a selection of Lebanese coffee or Lebanese mint tea. I felt it was really an excellent deal. The set has a standard platter with two dips , salad, pickles and other raw vegetables, felafel, bread and some condiments such as olives. The dips were exquisite and there was a generous amount of high grade olive oil as was also present in the dressing. The felafel was tasty with accompanying tahini sauce. The additional Shish Taouk I selected was so lovely and really grilled nicely. I will definitely return for what is an enjoyable and relaxing lunch with generous portions of what is simply very good Mediterranean food.

1  Thank Pushpa S
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Visited on Wednesday evening and the only customers
Service was excellent but only us.
Tried the sampling menu as was our 1st time and a good selection albeit too much for 4 people
Very friendly service and good recommendations.
We will be back, but now have some idea of menu would probably go for a la carte.
Nice decor and atmosphere

1  Thank KAS788
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I used to go to Zahra when it was in Jaffe Road, many years ago. Zahrabel is run by the younger generation of the same family, with mother and father still popping in to lend a hand now and then and ensure that things are being done to the highest standards.

This must have been my 6th visit to Zahrabel and it will not be my last. The 6-dish menu at $400/head was perfect for those with modest appetites (there are 8 and 10-dish options too). The food came promptly. The hot dishes were piping hot, the pastry was crisp and delicious, the aubergine dish had a wonderful 'bite'' to it and a superb smoky flavour. Although there are only 6 dishes, you get to select those dishes from plentiful options. If you do not have space for dessert, you will still get complimentary sweet pastries, which go really well with mint tea and/or arak (anise flavour liqueur served on ice)!

1  Thank rickshaw317
Zahrabel, Guest Relations Manager at Zahrabel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear rickshaw317
Thank you very much for your review and for your patronage over so many years. We are very proud of our family business and are thrilled that we can continue to please you with our family recipes. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

As a person of Lebanese origin living in the Middle East, I have my fair share of Lebanese food both at home and in reataurants. My meal at Zahrabel was one of the best Lebanese meals I have had.

Zahrabel is a family owned and operated establishment and it was clear that great pride is taken in preparing meals according to original family recipies and using top quality, fresh ingredients.

The staff were extremely attentive (not a given for a restaurant in Hong Kong).

1  Thank moubler
Zahrabel, Guest Relations Manager at Zahrabel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear moubler
We thank you for taking the time to write a review. We pride ourselves on our authentic family recipes as well as our service and we are very pleased that you enjoyed both during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Zahrabel!