Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nasreen M
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

Pleasant stay wonderful staff

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jun 2024via mobile
I am sitting in the hotel lobby writing this because once I get home life will take over and I won’t have the time, on arrival we were met by Rex who greeted us very warmly but then on reading our details greeted us in Arabic which was very surprising and wonderful, he has been very helpful to us in our 2 week stay. With recommendations of places to eat and visit and has made our stay very pleasant. Actually all the staff has been great including the love lady that cleaned our room every day and put up with my husband’s constant requests of tea, milk and sugar. The only reason I didn’t give 5 stars was actually other guests extremely noisy in the middle of the night and not having any consideration for other guests. Although that only happened twice. The room was adequate and clean and worth the price we paid. They have laundry facilities here also which if you have an emergency and need cleaning clothing you can pop down and do a quick wash. All in all very nice experience.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 11 Jun 2024
Dear Nasreen M,

Thank you for staying in Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong for 2 weeks. Much appreciated your compliments on our room cleanliness, 24 hour Self-Service Laundry Room as well as courtesy services provided by our front office team and housekeeping. Our team will be pleased to know they had a role in making your stay with us a memorable one. I will be sure to share your compliments with them and especially with Rex. For the issue on the noise from other guest, we will remind our guest especially with group. We appreciate your positive reviews and will be eagerly waiting for your return to our hotel for a much longer stay.

HK$845
    HK$1,346
11.3 km from Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong
View more hotels in Hong Kong
1,129 results
All reviews shuttle bus early check bigger room choose this hotel the hotel staff free upgrade hotel room comfortable stay edwin zuji quarantine station dickson mtr kin hong concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2024

As a frequent and loyal guest of the Dorsett Tsuen Wan Hotel over the past year, I have always enjoyed my stays and appreciated the courteous and helpful staff, such as Edwin, Nick, and Kelvin. Cleanliness is another appealing factor why I am coming back to the hotel every time I am on business trips to Hong Kong. However, my most recent 2-night stay has left me quite disappointed.

Upon checking in on the first day, I was informed that my room could be upgraded to a premium suite, but I would have to pay an additional fee. Meanwhile, I noticed that guests booking only a single night were offered complimentary room upgrades. As a loyal long-term guest who has stayed at the hotel multiple times, I find this unacceptable.

I understand that the hotel's booking status and occupancy may be factors in deciding the upgrade policy, but I believe there should be a more equitable approach to accommodate both one-time and repeat customers. The hotel appears to be prioritizing one-time bookings over repeat customers like myself, which is a clear bias against residents who are supporting the hotel on a more consistent basis.

I had grown accustomed to the exceptional service and recognition provided by the staff, which is why this experience has been so disheartening. Especially, the interaction with the staff member Chloe Chung at the front desk during the upgrade process did not meet the high standards I have come to expect from the Dorsett Tsuen Wan Hotel.

If this upgrade policy persists, I will not be able to recommend visitors to book long-term stays with the Dorsett Tsuen Wan Hotel. I strongly urge the hotel to update its upgrade policy to provide fair and consistent opportunities for all guests, regardless of booking duration or frequency of stay. At the very least, frequent visitors like myself should receive priority for complimentary upgrades, rather than being forced to pay extra.

Failing to address this issue will result in me reconsidering my loyalty to the hotel and potentially taking my business to other establishments that better recognize the value of long-term customers. I hope the Dorsett Tsuen Wan Hotel will take my feedback seriously and make the necessary improvements to ensure that all guests, including loyal patrons like myself, are treated with the same level of respect and appreciation.

Room tip: Options for pillows are also limited
Date of stay: June 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Service Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear hoiningl2024

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong! We're sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with room assignment as hotel is much appreciated that you are frequent and loyal guest.

As mentioned, you understood we have the standard procedure for room upgrade under actual market situation, however, our colleagues have not clarify in details why your room would not be upgraded, that make you so disappointed. For internal, we have reviewed the whole check-in procedure, make sure the exclusive benefits should be introduced to all guests clearly, also, as you as a loyalty guest that we should do further to invite you to be our hotel's members who would enjoy more than 20 exclusive benefits such as birthday complimentary stay, lowest rate guaranteed, free upgrade up to suite etc.

Thanks again for your valuable comments that will lead us to success and do it better in the future. We look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2024

Very good service from the staff Rex and Kein. Nick! They were incredibly attentive and made sure that all my needs were met promptly. Their professionalism and friendly demeanor truly enhanced my stay. The hotel facilities are also good for me. The gym is well -equipped with modern machines, providing a great place to maintain my fitness routine while traveling. The swimming pool is clean and offers a relaxing environment to unwind after a long day. Additionally, the hotel's restaurant serves a diverse menu with delicious meals, and the breakfast buffet offers a wide variety of choices to start the day right. The room itself was spacious and well-maintained, with all the necessary amenities to ensure a comfortable stay. Overall, the combination of excellent service from the staff and top-notch facilities made my experience at the hotel highly enjoyable and memorable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and look forward to staying here again in the future.

Date of stay: June 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Service Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2024

Dear Trail14611918545,

Thank you for your highly recommendation regarding your stay at the Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong. Much appreciated your compliments to our contemporary facilities include GYM, outdoor swimming pool as well as western restaurant. I will be sure to share your compliments with them and especially with Rex, Kevin & Nick. We pretty love to hear that you would recommend us based on the fantastic staying experience. We appreciate your positive reviews and will be eagerly waiting for your return to our hotel for a much longer stay.

Reviewed 17 May 2024

We stayed almost a week. For the price we paid, the hotel is not too bad overall.
Pros:
* Hosekeeping is efficient and took care of everything in a very short time.
* Bathroom was relatively large.
* Potable water available free of charge from a fountain every floor.
* Amenities were pretty good.
* Many TV channels
* Walking distance to many local markets like Kwai Chung and near Tai Wo Hau stn.
* Tai Wo Hau MRT stn is about 10 minutes away to walk.
* AC was good, often too good. Liked the air purifier (no smell). Water pressure was good.

Cons:
* Room was a bit small, okay for HK standards.
* MRT can be nonetheless far if it is in the hot afternoon. The location is a big negative since the hotel is located in the middle of a no fun zone with about 1-km radius. Even no decent coffee shop in this area. We had to go to shopping centres about 1-km away.
* Little inconveniences: the mirror in the bathroom was not properly positioned. Lighting was a bit bizarre. Room switching was strange. Nowhere to hang towels. Shower handle cannot be fixed.

We did not have a chance to dine at the hotel, nor visited the pool/gym.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fscholar
Guest Service Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2024

Dear fscholar,

Thank you for choosing Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong! Much appreciated your compliments to our housekeeping, amenities and convenient location to MTR station!! However, we are so sorry to hear you were disappointed with the surrounding and bathroom setting. There are lots of local restaurants nearby which just 3-8 mins walking distance. Our management is much concern your valuable comments and strive to do the best in services. We hope you will consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 10 May 2024

It would be difficult to complain about something in this hotel : Very efficient team at the reception desk, everything working perfectly in the room, clean, big enough. All the staff is very helpful and ready to assist your desires. Close to MTR and a free shuttle to shopping mall. Two restaurants with stunning quality in the product offered. can only recommend this hotel

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Service Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2024

Dear Departure25081989475,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest at the Dorsett Tsuen Wan. We are thrilled to read you had an enjoyable experience and that you were impressed with our efficient reception, clean & spacious room as well as FREE shuttle bus service that facilitate you to a joyful experience of shopping and local delicacies. Your feedback is much appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2024

This is my first time in Hong Kong, and the Hotel that I was staying in was the best experience that I ever had. First of all the staffs were very helpful (especially Edwin), are willing to assist you in any queries such as transportation service, best place to visit, and places to eat for reasonable price. Second the rooms are very clean (No smell or funny order), Convenient location, spacious room, free shuttle service, comfy beds, and reasonable price breakfast . I would highly recommend staying over here..

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Service Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2024

Dear NorthStar58435840889,

Thank you for your high recommendation regarding your stay at the Dorsett Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong. We are thrilled to read you had an enjoyable experience and that you were impressed with our comfortable room as well as courtesy services. Our team will be pleased to know they had a role in making your stay with us a memorable one. I will be sure to share your compliments with them and especially with Edwin. Your feedback is much appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!