“Came once, keep coming back”
Review of Indian Village

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Indian Village
Ranked #6,374 of 12,187 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Indian
Description: There web site is out of date and only lists there original restaurant on Mosque street. I would like to review the new one on Peel St, thanks
Reviewed 15 November 2016

4 years ago I came across this place by accident and have been back since for at least 6 more times. Just trying to order as many small dishes as possible and have great naan bread to sample them all.
Good thing about Indian food is that it is spicy without setting your mouth on fire and this place has just the right kind of balance.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I got take away from Indian village and ordered three veg dishes: baingan bharta, paneer bhurji and channa masala. This place obviously uses the same base curry for everything they make. All three dishes had the same exact taste and looked the same as well, to the point that I could not distinguish them from the boxes. There so many better options around for the same cost that I would never go there again.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed sipping an Indian masala tea while waiting for our take-away meal to be prepared.
We LOVE this place for its authentic Indian flavours, modest prices and generous servings :))))
Dal Tadka was wholesome and rich; Chicken makhani had wonderful tandoori chicken in a creamy tomato sauce; Lamb saagwala had tender lamb in a smooth spinach sauce; Garlic naan helped me scoop up the glorious sauces and the Pullao rice was light and fluffy. Absolutely fantastic meal!
The manager is friendly and welcoming, taking orders by phone, online as well as in person.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Nickysjones
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

Great authentic Indian food excellent service and very well priced. I am a lover of good Indian food and this place is fantastic. Run by a very friendly Indian family who are clearly very service orientated and do a real good job, keep it up!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 5 October 2015

The food did have good indian flavours, but made cheap. I was told I was getting chicken breast in my tikka masala when I didn't and I had specifically asked. The samosa's were greasy and cooked in old oil... But that is an issue with quite a few HK restaurants. Try it, if you really must have indian food. The place is very small too.

Date of visit: September 2015