“Great location, local recommendationn”
Review of Andy's Seafood

Andy's Seafood
Ranked #2,970 of 11,118 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Lamma Island
Neighbourhood: Lamma Island
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I was recommended Andy's as the best seafood on Lamma.

I enjoyed everything that we ordered. We had razor clams, garlic prawns and salt and pepper squid with bok Choy.

We loved all of it. Seafood was great, fast friendly service. Be wary of ordering the "special fresh fish". These will be very pricey.

Outdoor seating on plastic but to honest the view made up for it.

I will def visit next time I am on Lamma.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We missed the ferry to the other side and a lunch booking, luckily a local on the ferry recommended Andy's and we had a truly great lunch of crab, lobster, multiple plates of salt & pepper squid which the table of 7 rated best ever (that's after a week of eating in Hong Kong as well, trying squid in very restaurant!).
The fried rice with egg white and ginger is light and fresh, wine and beers well chilled. The red and white awnings are cute and we found the service to be helpful and attentive.
Would return on my next visit as it was rated as a great meal in a week that included The Chairman and other top nosh spots.

1  Thank Jennifer95_11
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is a good place. Solid, fresh, unsurpassed quality on the fish and seafood. BE ADVISED: if you choose from the tanks (fresh fish), you could end up with an astoundingly large bill! We ordered three dishes (fish), way too much for two people (which we ate), which cost us about Cdn$150.00. Worth it, delicious, but be conscious that it will add up. (Don't let your stomach rule your pocketbook)!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Andy’s Seafood - Sau Kee

Street Level, 43 Main St. Yung Shue Wan Lamma Island

Although this well-known Lamma Island seafood house has changed ownership a few times it remains a reliable seafood provider.

All 4 (wife, son and daughter) of us were quite hungry after a long trip from Guangzhou so, on the walk toward our hotel (Concerto) we took a chance and stepped into Andy’s for a quick seafood lunch.

Andy’s boasts indoor seating as well a large and more popular covered outdoor section right on the water. We were greeted with a friendly smile and were seated at a waterfront table. The English-speaking waiter explained how things worked. Andy’s has frozen seafood and fresh seafood at daily market price. One can select live food from the tanks etc.

The atmosphere is a bit crowded and quite busy but I do not mind that because it means that the food is moving and therefore likely fresh. My spouse did not like the atmosphere - she said that it was grungy.

We ordered fresh roasted clams in black bean sauce, fried fresh salt and pepper shrimp, fried rice, bok choy, shelled scallops with garlic vermicelli and a few cold drinks. I had standard green tea. We chose all fresh seafood so things were rather pricy but frankly, the food was excellent. Everything was well portioned and plated quite nicely.

Service: Great, fast, easy going, attentive and helpful. A little bit of up selling going on but that’s expected.

Lunch for 4. Cost: 900HKD

We had such a great food experience (except that my spouse was not too keen on Andy’s because of the atmosphere and prices were steep) we decided to give dinner a try with the intention of ordering crab and lobster. This time it was 3 people because our daughter was at a friend’s house.

Well, the lobster would’ve nailed us down for about 800HKD and then a crab added another 600HKD to the bill so we pulled the plug on those two things. My son and I were bummed. We asked about the grouper but one grouper was 500HKD so we ordered the snapper at 300HKD. I ordered fried squid (frozen) and my son gave the fresh razor clams a try. We only had tea and soft drinks. The food was fine. The snapper was just ok, not great and the squid was quite tender and yummy. I am not a fan of razor clams but we all liked them very much.

Dinner for 3. Cost: 7000HKD

In the end we went to Andy’s 2 times and found the overall food, price and quality of service to be fine. I’d go back but my wife will not.

As a side note: all of the other seafood restaurants had very similar price points for the fresh seafood. If you expect to enjoy the top market seafood, budget for it.

2nd side note: most people know that eating seafood is risky. So, if I do not get sick or anyone I am eating with does not get sick then I think it’s a decent standard to measure quality seafood. No one in my family got sick from eating at Andy’s.

1  Thank ExpatDaze
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Good food and nice view from the terrace . Service is also good but expect less attention as the place is really busy at the lunch time!

Been to Andy's Seafood? Share your experiences!