“Nice pub food and friendly staff”
Review of Dickens Bar

Dickens Bar
Ranked #581 of 9,139 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: British
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Great pub serve excellent dry aged beef burger with chip and sausage and mash!!!
The bacon in the burger just not as high spec as the beef ... it would be nice if the bacon a bit more favour and smoked!!

Just a bit lack of choice on bar food... I probably would order a bit of pork crackling and pork pies to go with my beer after my burger!

Overall lovely relaxing environment and great to hang out at night with friends and great venue for watching football.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We visited this bar as a trip down memory lane. We used to stay at the hotel here with my work many years ago.
The bar was very quiet but still the service was fantastic. We were greeted at the entrance by Anna the host, so lovely. Great range of drinks. Carol then took over and she too was exceptional. Fabulous afternoon in there and many many laughs. Just like the old times.
We still also managed to get the rugby shirts they've sold for years.
Thank you all for a fabulous afternoon. Can't wait to come back.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

British pub in the basement of a Causeway Bay hotel. Great choice of beers (although they seem to have trouble keeping most in stock).

Food was OK - broad menu - but quality just OK, not great.

Pretty expensive (HK$780 - US$100) for appetizer, main & 4 beers (2 happy hours).

Wifi truly terrible. Couple of tests failed as too slow. Then I got ping 1284ms, 0.12mbps down, 0.24mbps up. Took me 30 mins to download a magazine text & audio (no video). Felt like 1990s

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I had their chicken quesadilla and Chicken Makhani. Probably the best meal I've had in while. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Hong Kong. Service is excellent and the food is delicious. And a wide selection of beer. Recommend unreservedly. I usually stay at the Excelsior and at the end of a long day, tired from running around Hong Kong, this is my usual dinner spot.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

In the basement of the hotel lobby and is well furnished as a great pub. The selection of meals available was plentiful plus the drinks on tap was good. The theme is a sports bar and there was the usual plentiful TV screens around the perimeter, table service available.