Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Hong Kong Greeters Private Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Hong Kong Greeters Private Tours
from US$95.22
from US$89.34
from US$662.22
from US$71.84
More Info
All reviews tour guide hour tour victoria peak famous dim sum nye cruise st johns cathedral octopus travel fortune sticks jardine house bronze lions delicious dim sum wong tai sin temple peninsula hotel fortune told outstanding tour ding ding tram personal guide
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I just moved to Hong Kong and my mother is currently visiting. Last week, Amy from Hong Kong Greeters brought us for a private tour in Lantau and the experience was far beyond our expectations.
First of all, Amy had recommended Lantau as we had no real preference for our activities of the day and it was an excellent choice. We had a mix of culture and religion with the visit of the big Buddha and nearby monastery, a lot of the Hong Kong history, some beautiful hill and sea landscapes and some local culture with the visit of Tai O, which is a beautiful village on the water.
Then, Amy is extremely knowledgeable on the destination, the culture, the history and everything we could be interested in. In addition, as she has been living in HK for many years now, she adds a lot of personal stories and anecdotes to her speeches, which makes them even more personal and remarkable. She is extremely flexible in accommodating her guests needs and preferences.
She navigates her way perfectly through some unexpected events (we had heavy rain and some unexpected boat route) and we could feel she is very experienced.
In addition, Amy is extremely friendly and smiling. She has a very nice personality and sharing her company for the day was a real pleasure. She was extremely patient with us as my mother is not so comfortable with English so I had to translate a lot of Amy's explanations which took some time and occasionally forced her to stop. She was all very natural and made us feel super at ease all day long.
Last but not least, my mother and I wanted to try some local food and she arranged that for us along the way.

I definitely recommend Hong Kong greeters to anyone interested to discover and know more about Hong Kong, whether as a tourist or as a new comer to Hong Kong. I would love to bring more of my visitors on a private tour with Hong Kong greeters in the future.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Niotte
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My husband, my 14 year old son and myself booked Amy for our first day in Hong Kong 2nd July 2017. Highly recommend a tour with Amy as we found her to be very knowledgeable in all things Hong Kong. We had a fantastic day with her as our guide and would happily recommend her to anyone. Thanks Amy

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank leabie
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Me, my wife and our 11 year old son spent a day with Amy in June 2017 and she was the ultimate tour guide. Look no further if you're contemplating hiring a guide in Hong Kong! Even if you think you don't need a tour guide, you're better off with Amy than striking it out on your own, especially if you're new to the city. From the get go Amy was a huge help - we were on the fence as to whether we wanted to hire a guide or go it alone in Hong Kong and our initial emails with Amy convinced us going with her was the wise move. She suggested an itinerary that included places we weren't considering, such as a Wan Chai wet market and Toy Street, which ended up being my son's two favorite parts of the itinerary. Amy was very flexible and added some things to the itinerary at our request and made some wise suggestions as to what we should do the night before the tour without her; she also met us early at our hotel so we could get to the Peak before the crowds, which was especially important since we were touring on a Sunday.

Amy is very personable and provides her clients with benefits like front of the line privileges at tourist attractions and a very thorough knowledge of the subway system - we never would have been able to visit as many attractions in one day without her. It was fun to use nothing but public transport - on our private tours in Shanghai and Beijing our guides had vans to take us around, but using buses and the subway very much added to the overall Hong Kong experience. Amy knew exactly where to go for connections and which exits to take - very helpful! We also ate at a popular and iconic dim sum spot (Maxim's) that we probably wouldn't have chosen on our own, but I am so glad we ate there.

Overall, Amy well-deserves her 5 star rating on TripAdvisor and we were very happy we hired her to take us around. She is very knowledgeable of HK history and current events and speaks pretty good English. :) When we return we are likely to hire her again for sure - thanks Amy for a very memorable day!

3  Thank TipperNC
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

This was the best tour we have ever had in our lives !!! Amy is amazing ... you cannot miss Hong Kong Greeters while in town if you want to have a great and knowledgeable time

1  Thank alvaros848
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Wonderful two hour walking tour of Tai O, a coastal village in Lantau. Great to get away from the hustle and bustle and big city lights to see how other people live in Hong Kong. Knowledgable guides in Amy and Nadia, a chance to stop and buy and try local delicacies, a boat ride to see the houses on stilts. Great way to get off the beaten track in HK. Contact hkgreeters@gmail.com or see website www.hkgreeters.com

1  Thank Jane A