Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
xmroots
Xiamen, China

Superb place for long term stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Nov 2022via mobile
I have just completed an extended stay of almost three months in a very comfortable apartment with great views not only over the harbour but also over the park.
I was made to feel at home from the first minute I arrived, the staff are impeccably polite, helpful and friendly. My apartment was well equipped and looked after by Bo who kept the place immaculate at all times.
If you are looking for a long term stay in Kowloon then the HarbourView Place offers comfort and convenience with shops and Kowloon MRT a minute away within the same building.
The rooftop pool was a great place to be and when it was out of service for maintenance then I was given full access to the pool in the Ritz-Carlton, superb. My wife used the gym on a daily basis and found it to be well equipped with high-end equipment.
All in all I had an excellent stay and any future extended stays will certainly be here.
Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ponnie Cheung, Other at The Harbourview Hong Kong, responded to this review
Responded 18 Nov 2022
Dear xmroots,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. However, the review you shared might not be related to The Harbourview and swimming pool is not available at our premises.

We look forward to welcoming you at The Harbourview on Hong Kong Island in the near future.

Sky Pool
    HK$468
13.7 km from The Harbourview Hong Kong
View more hotels in Hong Kong
1,663 results
All reviews wan chai harbour view hong kong convention and exhibition centre harbourview room room rate mtr hkcec kowloon station concierge hyatt convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2022

Had two nights here and the room was a good size, clean and quiet. The room rate was good.
Cons:
* location is odd, quite a walk to Wan Chai MTR and restaurants. I asked the Concierge to get a taxi for me quite early in the morning and he stood outside for 10 minutes before I gave up and called an Uber. Absolutely no passing traffic.
* although the website says "guestrooms are mostly back-dropped by Victoria Harbour and Kowloon Peninsula", when I was checking in I was told it's about 50/50 harbourview / city view". When I pointed to their own website, they gave me a harbourview room but I had to insist

Would I stay again? Not sure; the room rate may persuade me.

Room tip: insist on a harbour view room
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Adam J
Ponnie Cheung, Other at The Harbourview Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2022

Dear Adam J,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your review.

We are glad that you enjoyed our guestroom and is satisfied with our room rate. We are also pleased to know that you may be staying with us again. We recommend you to book our Harbour View Room and enjoy a breathtaking view of Hong Kong skyline during your next stay with us.

The Harbourview is located in a quiet spot of the bustling Wan Chai district. Local bistros and outlets are just 5 minutes of walk after crossing the pedestrian bridge behind us. We are 10 minute-walk from MTR Wan Chai Station and Exhibition Centre Station. It usually takes a longer time for getting a taxi during unusual hours or changing of shift and our Concierge will be happy to assist.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Thank you for your support of The Harbourview.

Reviewed 16 October 2022 via mobile

Simply appalling. They make up the rooms once A WEEK. Avoid at all costs. So, you have to make the bed yourself. The sheets aren’t laundered. The towels aren’t changed. The bins aren’t emptied. Is this a hotel or a bad BnB? I have literally never experienced such a thing.

Room tip: They don’t make the beds or attempt to service clients at all. Made me wait hours after a long flight before checking in moreover. Awful
Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank George K
Ponnie Cheung, Other at The Harbourview Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2022

Dear George K,

Thank you for your feedback. We feel sorry that our service was not up to your expectation.

We have forwarded your comments to our Housekeeping Department for reviewing the room cleaning process and its frequency in hope of providing a better guest experience.

Reviewed 13 August 2022

The hotel in Wan Chai is just a stone's throw from the HONG KONG CONVENTION AND EXHIBITION CENTRE (HKCEC). Good restaurants are also in short walking distance. The staff is friendly and helpful. The Concierge arranged it that I have a Taxi at 5 am to go to the airport. I will be certainly back when I need to attend a convention or exhibition at the HKCEC !

Room tip: Bay View Room
Date of stay: August 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ponnie Cheung, Other at The Harbourview Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2022

Dear Thilo Krueger,

Thank you very much for leaving us a positive review. We are very glad to receive 5-star rating from you.

The Harbourview is located in Wanchai facing Hong Kong's famous Victoria Harbour, just steps from Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre and near celebrated shopping and sightseeing spots. We will continue to keep up our sincere hospitality service and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Thank you for your support of The Harbourview.

Reviewed 27 June 2022

The abysmal check-in process was where this hotel lost its footing in my opinion. 25 minutes it took to check in (after a long, sweaty day at work) all I wanted was a cold shower and to get changed into fresh clothes and have a drink as soon as possible - I wasn't expecting such an over-extended check-in time. The queue for the check-in got longer and longer and the two members of staff that were doing the job weren't at all in any rush. There was one member of staff opening the door and two manager-type looking staff members in suits doing nothing but chatting happily as no one apparently paid any heed to the growing queue and disgruntled guests waiting for this tiresome process to end. Seriously, management - you need to revise this horrible strategy of checking people in, it's not acceptable! Get more people trained on reception and get them moving the queue along, instead of having them happily chat to each other.

On the plus side, the harbour view room I had was very pleasant and cosy, albeit quite small for the price I paid - especially in comparison to top tier hotels like the Hyatt that have huge rooms and unstapled luxury and actually at times (like I learned after staying here) cost less than this hotel, but then again I guess you're paying for the convenience of the location.

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank Peter F
Ponnie Cheung, Other at The Harbourview Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2022

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your review. We feel sorry that our check-in service was not up to your expectation.

We have forwarded your comment to our Front Office Manager for improvement on the check-in process. Procedure has been refined and training conducted in hope of providing efficient service.

At the meantime, we are glad that you enjoyed the Harbour View Room and the convenient location. You may also choose our Executive Room or Executive Deluxe Room for a larger room option during your stay with us next time.

We will continue to keep improving our comfortable environment and look very much forward to welcoming you with our improved service in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2022 via mobile

Front desk Bryan, was rude and unhelpful. When I tried to speak English with him, he responded in chinese. He also promised a harbour view room, but all I got was a 2x single bed room and the view to the back alley of a building. To add salt to the wound, the room was not ready even after the promised check in time. Horrendous service, and an absolute waste of my time. Will never come back to this place. P.s harbour view? Where?

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ponnie Cheung, Other at The Harbourview Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2022

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your feedback. We feel sorry that our check-in service was not up to your expectation.

We have forwarded your comment to our Front Office Manager for improvement on the check-in process. Procedure has been refined and training for service improvement conducted in hope of providing efficient service and better guest experience. We look very much forward to welcoming you with improved service in the near future.