Lowest prices for your stay
Special rate available
Supersupergirl
England, United Kingdom

buffet at empire 33

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Apr 2020
Located at the basement of Empire hotel, with tiled floors, there was quite a good variety of food for their buffet.
Most of the food was sushi, salad and Chinese dim-sums.
I reckon as it was lunch time, it was mainly dim-sums and salad, there was not much hot food.
There was a reasonable selection of cold meats.
Date of stay: June 2019
    HK$336
    HK$390
13.8 km from The Empire Hotel Wan Chai
View more hotels in Hong Kong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 March 2020

The hotel was very clean and completely hassle-free, I didn't even need to carry my own luggage to my room.

One day I ordered food delivery from an external organisation (not connected to the hotel at all), and it didn't arrive. The hotel staff helped me to connect with the delivery person and restaurant to find the cause of this error, making sure that the food I ordered would arrive to me. As a non-Cantonese speaker, I couldn't have done this on my own, and am very appreciative of the help of the hotel staff.

Unfortunately the roof-top pool was closed due to weather (this was in winter), but the convenient location meant that I could easily explore Central and Causeway Bay.

My room also had a great view, and a king sized bed. Cleaning staff and hotel admin/staff were always friendly throughout my stay.

I also requested a last-minute extension to my stay, which was promptly organised by the hotel administration.

Room tip: I'll happily return on my next HK visit.
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank HK_expat_01
Reviewed 11 January 2020

I would have no problem recomending this Hotel the staff were very friendly and helpful.
This hotel is located near bars ideal for travellers who like a drink as bars are not easy to find in HK. The breakfast was perfect every morning better than most.The room we stayed in had everything we needed we also had access to a special area on the 4 floor which was very handy, nice coffee. Nice rooms with plenty of space cleaned every day.

Room tip: The higher rooms are better if you don`t want to hear noise from the street
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank RobertMac2017
Reviewed 31 December 2019 via mobile

My regular stopping point when I’m Hong Kong. Clean hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. Rooftop gym and pool to relax in.

If you can try the buffet breakfast.

Hotel is 3 min walk from MTR and 10 minutes walk to the ferry. Restaurants and bars are also very close

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Daryl660
Reviewed 25 October 2019

I know this hotel for 25 years since I lived in Hong Kong 10 years of it. It hasn't changed much besides few new rooms and refurbishments. However it is the location which matters. Close to the city and most of public transport in easy reach. The rooms are not getting bigger and this a Hong Kong space problem, however we booked a senior suite which was better outlayed. In addition we had access to the biz lounge which was nice for aperitivs before heading out. Breakfast is the Chinese way, i.e. buffet as much as you can and fast, one need to be patient to reach out for food selections. Staff was very friendly as I experienced in the years before and the place is good and value for money.

Date of stay: April 2019
2  Thank franz h
Reviewed 4 October 2019

We stayed for three nights, all the positives first.

Check in was smooth, the staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay, the rooms were serviced daily, were spotless clean, the bed was very comfortable (we had a room on the 19th floor) and the amenities were all fine including WiFi, toiletries etc. The hotel is in a fantastic location ideal for the Star Ferry across to Kowloon and for exploring all of Hong Kong island regardless. The hotel offers guest a complimentary mobile WiFi device which was awesome and extremely useful addition, well done and thank you.

For us the really big disappointment for us was the room size, given the price paid (I appreciate Hong Kong hotels come at a premium) our room was quite frankly tiny. It let down an other wise lovely hotel. If you want a hotel in a great location and prepared to accept very compact small (be it spotless clean) rooms than this would be a good choice.

Date of stay: September 2019