Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Aileen T
Quezon City, Philippines

Memorable stay at a great spot in Tsim Sha Tsui

Review of Kimberley Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Feb 2020
This is my first time in Hong Kong (and overseas) as an adult. My actual first time was as a kid and couldn't remember much. That's why I took time to choose which hotel to stay at. On top of that, it was my mom's birthday. We decided to go with Kimberley Hotel HK.

• Room
We stayed in a room with two double beds facing Kimberley Road. I was satisfied with the space in the room, which most experienced travellers have described as already spacious in terms of Hong Kong standards. There was a desk with a chair, a bedside table, small wall-mounted TV, closet, mini pantry with free coffee and tea, safe, and small refrigerator with freezer. There was an adequate number of sockets for plug type G which weren't bedside though. I rented a portable WiFi from Klook that had a charger with a type G socket, which you can hook USB plugs to.
The bathroom was pretty spacious too. A hair dryer, bottled water, toiletries, and towels were available. Shower had a curtain and retractable clothesline. The water pressure was good and hot water was easily available. For anyone sharing the same culture as mine where we use water after using the toilet, there is NO bidet. I knew this before coming and brought my own dipper/tabo. The room was generally clean. Some room corners were stained and old, and the bathroom door had some strands of hair.
Note on the toiletries: We had to ask for a bar of soap which they sometimes had to check supplies of. It was explained to us that the bath gel served as the soap. They still were able to provide a bar of soap upon request because it was in stock.

• Dining
Our stay didn't include breakfast so I'm unable to comment on their food. There are three restaurants though. One is "Coffee House", a few steps from reception where the buffet breakfast is, I think. On the other end of the lobby is "Cascade", which has a patisserie and is next to the Business Centre. The third one is a Chinese restaurant one level down from the lobby. Room service is also available with the menu viewable from the TV. Food prices are around HKD100 to HKD200. Soup and drinks are HKD55 to HKD75. Prices are as of March 2019.

The hotel staff are nice, professional, and almost everyone spoke English. When we had concerns and requests, whether we asked at the front desk or through the phone, they attended to our needs. An English-speaking housekeeping staff was kind enough to check on us and told us what to do if we wanted clean-up and linen change. We also got to interact with a non-English-speaking housekeeping staff who despite the language barrier (and the very little Cantonese I know) was all smiles and willing to help. And whenever we have mail (from the travel agency who gave us tours and our hotel transfers), the hotel sent them to our room.

• Hotel Facilities/Amenities
Kimberley doesn't have a swimming pool, but it has a spa at basement level. At the lobby floor (3rd) is a business centre.

• WiFi
While most reviews say WiFi isn't included, our HK trip was arranged by a travel agency and I think they included the WiFi for us. A notice on the room TV also said each room has free Wifi for 2 devices. There are 3 plans for third and above devices as follows (as of March 2019): Plan 1 is HKD50 for 3 hours. Plan 2 is HKD120 for 1 day. Plan 3 is HKD200 for 2 days. The speed was pretty good.

• Parking
At the back of the hotel (entrance and exit through Kimberley Road) are several parking spots. I'm not sure of the capacity but I'm estimating more or less 15 cars can park there. Cars sometimes get stuck with the traffic in the parking. This is at the ground level where the concierge is. I don't think there are other parking levels.

• Location and Shopping
The location of Kimberley Hotel is fantastic. A few minutes away from it along Kimberley Road is Mira Place, a 2-building multi-level shopping mall with lots of shops and restaurants. A few more minutes from it down Granville Road (turn left upon exiting Kimberley Hotel, then turn left again on the next corner) is another mall called The One. It also has shops and restaurants and an Aeon supermarket. If you keep walking past the direction of The One down at Nathan Road, there's iSquare mall which also has shops and restaurants and a Jason's Marketplace. (Tips for Filipinos: A Jollibee store is in that area. ;D) Nathan Road is lined with lots of shops. There's one that sold souvenirs such as T-shirts, magnets, and whatnot at a reasonable price.

• Vicinity
There's a 7-Eleven near the hotel when you turn left upon exiting. If you turn right, a Wellcome supermarket is present. There are also money changers and Chinese restaurants along Kimberley Road. Don't miss Hong Kong's classic egg tart at Kai-Kee restaurant across the street. Hong Kong's famous egg waffle is also available when you exit to Nathan Road and turn right. That's after a café and before McDonald's. You won't miss it because of the fragrance. Also remember Aeon supermarket from The One mall, which is bigger than Wellcome.
In terms of transportation, Kimberley is some 10 minutes away from the nearest MTR station, the Tsim Sha Tsui Station, which has 7-Eleven and shops that sell food. Along Nathan Road though are lots of bus stops. The bus numbers and their routes are posted both in Chinese and English on most stops. You need to hail the buses since they won't stop automatically there. It's still advisable to have bus route apps on your phone and plan your trip ahead.

• Security
There was one time we stayed at the lobby and I noticed there was a staff member who was observing visitors.

• Reservation, Check-in, Deposit, Check-out
Our HK trip was arranged by a travel agency, so I couldn't comment on this. Check-in was a breeze. We arrived past 1 pm then showed the documents provided to us by our travel agency. In terms of deposit, it was either HKD1000 or USD100. We were asked we if we were going to consume stuff from the mini bar. We said no and the deposit was waived, plus the mini bar contents removed. Free coffee and tea remained though. Check-out at 12 noon was easy too. Since our flight was in the evening, we were able to leave our luggage at the concierge while we went out then got back later for our hotel transfer.

Since our HK trip was arranged by a travel agency and billed us a package, I'm not sure how much the hotel stay particularly costed.

• Overall
We had a wonderful and memorable stay at Kimberley. When we visit Hong Kong again in the future, this hotel will still be our choice for its rooms, service, and location. See you again Kimberley! :D
Date of stay: March 2019
    HK$470
12.4 km from Kimberley Hotel
View more hotels in Hong Kong
1,252 results
All reviews nathan road harbour city shopping kowloon mtr ferry station avenue
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2019 via mobile

We spent 5 nights here, loved the location of hotel, just off Nathan Rd and on the hop-on-off bus route. Rooms clean, and not too small. Only criticism is the mattresses are floor hard, barely sleep-on able. I suppose that's a sign the mattress was newish. Breakfast is a good deal too, large selection and a chef ready to cook omelettes. Highly recommended if you like a firm bed..

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kathryn B
Reviewed 8 November 2019

Stayed for 3 nights. This hotel is very conveniently located off of Nathan Road and close to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station. The hotel is nothing too luxurious or special, but offers an incredible amount of space for a hotel room in such a location. The hotel was spotlessly clean throughout and all in was a very decent stay. A sensible, reliable choice.

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank Jacob S
Reviewed 5 November 2019

I have stayed at this hotel before on two previous occasions. Since my last stay, the hotel has been updated. My first impression was that it was clean and quiet with very helpful staff. The room itself whilst not huge was certainly comfortable enough for a few days stay. The bed is rock hard also, some people like this, but it does take a bit of getting used to.
One thing I was a little annoyed about was that apparently they don't provide a small cake of soap in the rooms any more to wash hands after going to the toilet. I thought it may have been an oversite initially, but never got any during the time I was there. The actual cost of providing a small cake of soap is negligible when you take into account the cost of the room to stay there.

The room is sparsely furnished, with one dining chair for two people (if two people book a room, why aren't there two chairs there?) a large desk, bed and bedside tables. TV is now located on the wall. It would have been nice to have had a comfy lounge chair there too, as there was certainly enough room for it.

Another thing I did not like was the breakfast - staff were attentive, however every day I was there all the "hot" food was stone cold or barely warm - who wants to eat cold bacon and very runny and cold scrambled eggs. They seem to have bain maries that are turned on to keep food hot/warm, however they do not seem to do what they are supposed to. The ambience and the way it is all set up is beautiful. I did get an omelette made while there on one day, so I could at least get a hot item, however it turned out to be a disaster - I asked for ham and cheese omelette, however got everything and anything and it was just a mess - didn't look like an omeltte at all.

I did eat dinner there on a couple of occasions, and it was delicious and well worth it.

Location is not far from Nathan Road. It is also close to the MRT and also is within walking distance to the night markets.

Would I stay there again - perhaps, but I certainly would not include breakfast (there are other places around that service western breakfasts) And I would take my own small cake of soap.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed 29 October 2019 via mobile

I booked a stay at the Kimberly months in advance on Agoda.

When I checked I the front girl did not allow me to check in due to the name on my reservation had my shorten name. She treated like criminal, she made me feel uncomfortable.

I cancelled my booking, if you want to get treated with no respect Kimberly Hotel does a fine job of doing that.

Very poor staff and standards.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank slickdog
TheKimberleyHotel, Front Office Manager at Kimberley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2019

Dear Mr. Wong,

We would like to express our sincere appreciation for sharing your valuable comments to us.
Please accept my sincere apology for the unpleasant experience you encountered upon the registration. The receptionist in handling was not so experience and tactful which pose the uncomfortable impression to you. Your valuable comments have been forwarded to our top management and concern department heads for further handling.

It was our wish to welcome you to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2019

This hotel is located very conveniently close to the MTR and shops. We stayed here for 12 nights and had a room on the 19th floor at the end of the corridor with lots of privacy. The room was small but clean. The whole floor supposed to be a non-smoking floor, however, some days you could smell cigarette smoke starting from the elevator all the way till the end of the corridor. The service at the reception is average, they didn't bother to go the extra mile to make you feel as a special guest. We booked and fully prepaid the room in July 2019 and the following months the rate started to drop with 50%....

Room tip: Request room far away from the elevator for quieter room and possible cigarette smoke.
Date of stay: September 2019