1,166 results
All reviews nathan road nathan rd kowloon park walking distance location is excellent chinese restaurant subway station deluxe room free shuttle shopping ferry sasa eateries convenience exit
Reviewed 1 May 2018

In HK there is a trend to renovate established hotels, often with garish and unpleasant results. The Kimberley remains old style, and I prefer it that way. Very well located in Kimberley Road, in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, with lots of cafes, restaurants and a couple supermarkets nearby, it's only about 6 minutes walk to the MTR. The room I had was quiet, a little larger than usual, with an mediocre Queen sized bed and a view out the window of the HK buildings. There are ground floor lifts with bell boys and taxi rank, and a lobby up on the second floor. I like the separation of reception/check-in from alternate access to the lifts, so you can just go to your room and avoid the sometimes crowded lobby. A good, spacious restaurant on the second floor is great for breakfast, with an obliging chef who makes customized omelettes, and lots of tables by the windows so I can look down at the busy HK street while I read the paper and eat my morning eggs and bacon. Once I left my jumper in the restaurant. Instead of just sending it to reception, the staff remembered me and called my room direct, which was nice. The WiFi is slow, adequate for email. Overall I was happy.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Gary Q
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We chose to stay at the Kimberley Hotel on this visit to Hong Kong for a change in location, thus allowing us to explore others areas in TST. We booked well in advance and our price point was tolerable, but not great for the room. Here are my thoughts about how the hotel and room could easily rise to a solid five star:

1. Our room was somewhat tired looking and is in need of renovation and redecoration. The carpet, walls, end tables (we only has one but the dent in the carpet indicated another had once been in the room), chairs ... everything is at the end of its life cycle.

2. More true non smoking rooms. We asked for a double bed and non smoking room but when we checked in all of the non smoking rooms were gone. They "upgraded" us to a family room (two double beds in the room where it looked like there once had been a couch and coffee table along with a bed) that was supposedly non smoking. It had been used by a smoker and they did a pretty good job cleaning it and then sprayed some refresher. We hate the smell of cigarette smoke and are mildly allergic to it and so our sinuses were affected for our stay. Here is a suggestion: make the entire hotel non smoking. Install hard-wired smoke detectors and when a person lights us - kick them out and make them pay through the nose to clean the room. In this day and age all indoor places should be non smoking except for bars, pubs, and taverns.

3. Most of us attend to business even when on a holiday as I needed to do this visit. That means outstanding Wi-Fi is a necessity and not a luxury. The Wi-Fi was anemic which resulted in a really poor video connection for a meeting I had with a client in the USA. We had to switch to audio and even that broke up. Every room should have a dedicated router and the guest should stay logged in until he/she checks out.

4. Lighting was horrible enough that women will have difficulty applying makeup and men will have a hard time shaving. Improve ambient lighting in the room.

5. The mattresses are at the end of their life cycle.

Those five things are the difference between a solid four stars and even a five star rating.

The location is excellent and withing walking distance of almost everything in TST.

The staff were outstanding and met our every need. They were friendly and offered quick service. Kudos to the staff!

My recommendation is to do what you may already have planned - close off a floor and redo it while you rent out the rest of the rooms. Do this one floor at a time for a year and the hotel will be golden again.

Room Tip: Make sure they put you on a non smoking floor and a non smoking room. Get a room that faces either Kimberley Road or towards Nathan Road.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg R
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel around 7pm, the room given to us was not what was booked, small, dark with 3 beds instead of two double beds. This one had one double and two single and had little room to move. After complaining to reception we were shown another room that was still not up to par. Finally after dealing with a manager, the larger room was given, with a sofa bed. The mattress was thin and not comfortable. A roll away bed was brought in instead, it wasn’t much better, spring mattress was sagging in the middle, but better. Finally settled after 90min.Everyday the card fob had to be reset at the front desk for some strange reason, quite annoying having to go down back to the lobby from the 21st floor, then back up again...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I stayed there for 16 days for business in March 2018. The internet was sooo slow and did not work half of the time. I had to use my own hotspot. The bed was very uncomfortable that I had to ask for an extra layer.
I guess they dont understand the concept of "Do Not Disturb"! Whenever I had the DND sign on, they would come in!
The room was average size comparing to small size rooms in HK and it old. No view either.
Reception staff were rude and unprofessional.

The location is literally the only good thing about this hotel.

Room Tip: just go to another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Shatem_95
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on business, room was so tiny but to be expected once Hong Kong.

Only problem was the air-con didn’t work and after repeated efforts asking the reception to get it looked at it never happened.

Such a shame as this hotel has a great location to the many sights and local markets.

I’d try somewhere else on my next trip but would definitely go back if all else failed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business