Upon stepping out of the taxi, the bell boy greets you and helps you with your luggage from the trunk while another staff manning the main hotel enterance greets you and ushers you to the check-in desk.
Was served at the check-in desk by a Caucasian lady (sorry, I didn't get her name, she is a trainee) who was cheerful and friendly. She has a very pleasant personality. She went through the whole check-in process with me and made some casual chats along the way. Next, she led me up to my room on the 14th floor, she was making short introductions along the way such as where is the gym and pool, and gave me short introduction tour of the room. Kudos for this very detailed check-in process! This one of the best!
Later in the day, I dialed the room services line and requested for my 'welcome tea' which was jasmine tea. It's one of the best I have ever tasted, I had to even check with the hotel for the brand of tea.
My room is a road facing one and is very well sized for a hotel in Hong Kong. The beds are comfortable, the flat-screen TV is of good size with a variety of channels, and there's a study desk with a courtesy smart phone which you could also bring along with you for use around Hong Kong. The toilet is huge with a bath tub and separate shower stall and WC. There's even a nice mirror with hair dryer provided to do your hair!
The hotel is just by the Victoria Harbor and the Lobby Lounge offers a stunning view of the ever amazing Victoria Harbor. Having a drink there and listening to the songs played by the live band is such an awesome and relaxing experience!
The location of the hotel is just as great as other aspects of the hotel. It is walking distance to many shops and malls along the Tsim Sha Tsui side of Nathan Road and also easily accessible to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR (subway) station.
Thank you for the amazing stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, WingontravelTA, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental