All reviews tin shui wai new territories light rail station wetland park shopping mall big fridge public transport big supermarket dining table great swimming pool mainland china shuttle bus per day tsim tsa shui free wifi sized room decent hotel
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Simple but nice spacious hotel compared to budget. Not recommended for tourists because of its far location. (Easily accessible though!)

I've had very bad experience at the breakfast restaurant so I'll put the bad things first. :/

* Bad
- No free wi-fi/wired internet is provided. You aren't even accessible at the lobby area. (Wired one is by paid service)
- Way toooo far away from the city. You can take the light rail and its station is just a step away from hotel though, transfer is needed to take MTR. Takes about 1 hr to get to Tsim Sha Tsui area.
- Had breakfast buffet during my stay: The omelette guy of 28th Sep morning DOESN'T seemed he can really cook eggs, "unlike the previous day". The first one I asked was not boiled inside at all. So I couldn't eat and let him make another one, and then he almost burnt it to harden. He even touched garbage and grease while he was cooking, even though I was right in front of him and watching him cooking...Who'd ever eat that??!
Even then, I COULD NEVER HEARD SORRY OR ANYTHING IMPLIES HE CARES ABOUT. Was seriously about to go get the manager but didn't. Please know your guest more cared about her time rather than your inappropriate attitude to your guest. Very uncomfortable.
- Amenities: Shower cabs, Toothpaste & brush, cleanser( in the installed dispenser; not sure it's for body or hair or both) period.

* Good
- Clean, spacious room, which I like the most. It is a true 4-star hotel!
- Staff are comparably kind and helpful than "the average kindness" of Hong Kong I felt...
- Has indoor swimming pool and fitness facility (which I hadn't been to)
- Since of its far distance from the center of city, the hotel runs shuttle buses to Tsim Sha Tsui(4-50mins, HKD 24) and to the airport(approx. 1 hr, HKD 100), with a reasonable amount of fares. Fast & comfortable way to get to both destinations so I recommend :)
- Local shopping center is connected: has convenience stores, McDonald's, KFC and restaurants & food court, pharmacy, clothing & cosmetic stores and movies.

Room tip: Non-smoking floors are designated so ask about it when you check in.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank adultchildren
Reviewed 15 September 2015

very surprised at the overall credible atmosphere of this hotel..very convenient to rail & tram services & buses close at hand as well..clean tidy & shopping just around the corner..for a westener i was very happy with the way the staff greeted me & their help to point me in the right direction..would definitely return for another stay should i need to.

Room tip: i found my room more than adequate for all my needs..up high too
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2015

Have now stayed at the Harbour Plaza for work a few times and each visit I am impressed with the level of service and friendly staff, regardless of the language barriers. Sign language is key here. The rooms are spacious, but the beds, lets just say they are solid, akin to sleeping on a house brick, you get used to it after a couple of weeks though.
Handy to the city an easy trip in on the train. For a crowded area the parklands nearby are like an oasis of calm.
Can recommend the Harbour Plaza for anyone with business in the area. Good solid wifi, and it's pretty fast too.

Room tip: Upper floors, it's a decent view
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2015

This might be the worst hotel I've ever stayed at!
I booked this hotel via Agoda the day that I check-in, when I approached the reception and tried to get my room, the staff told me that my name on Agoda doesnt match the one on my ID card and rejected to do the check-in for me. I was confused as I did booking with Agoda so many times before and this was the first time I heard such thing so I asked her why. And she replied me impolitely "You are responsible for changing your name in Agoda before check-in".
I was shocked by her rudeness! Okay, i dialed the phone and communicated with Agoda, I was right standing in front of the counter at midnight and put on the phone and wait for almost 20mins like an idiot, the staff just looked at me the whole time, standing there and doing nothing to help.
After the terrible check-in procedure, I finally got my room key and I was told that my room is in another building that I have to walk out the door and turn left. When I walked out the door I was not sure if the building I saw is the one she was describing so I returned and asked another staff, when I tried to start my inquiry with "Excuse me, how to get to...", she interrupted me rudely before I have finished my question and yelled "Walk out the door turn left go straight!" without looking at me but staring at her computer only. What wrong did I do to her for "deserving" such bad service from this so called "hotel"? We are treated as rubbish, useless customers and beggars begging for free accommodation.
The room is spacious but old, some of the furniture are ruined and broken. Full of dusts. I believe this hotel is only suitable for tour groups with low or even no standards demanded for accommodation.
Being disappointed and I'll definitely never come here again.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Joanne C
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Clean and spacious rooms, feeling of space compared to city center hotels. Good breakfast, will come back again
value for money. staff is hard working. WI-FI only in reception area. wifi should be made free in rooms also

Date of stay: August 2015