All reviews canny man lockhart road girlie bars flying pan wan chai metro station noise from the street exhibition centre bars and restaurants your doorstep excellent location close proximity executive floor by hk standards convenient location airport express mobile phone causeway bay
Reviewed 17 May 2016

The location is great because you have the metro just in front of the hotel, also the tram, these are the best transportation for going to every place for visiting. Be carful with the queues, you should go early to the places that you wat to visit, let's say around 9 am, at least.
In front of the hotel (in the corner) you will find a very good traditional restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
sales_wharney, Sales & Marketing at The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your support to us. We look forward to welcoming you back and have a new experience with us.

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Have stayed many times in Wharney's and have to say that it's a good value for the money. Most of the rooms has been renovated, it's not luxurious but overall good, but then to the location, it's in the middle of the Wan Chai action, lots of bars to choose, many great restaurants nearby.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 May 2016

The visit was for the Hong Kong 7s so the hotel was part of the package deal.

The hotel is in a great location, but is let down by the standard of the rooms. The rooms are compact and tired looking, they could certainly do with a coat of paint! The bathrooms could also do with some updating.

The wifi only worked in half of the room, the TV was just about watchable on one news channel. When asked if they could do something about it, one person came to have a look and nothing else was done to fix the problem.

I have stayed in better hotels in Hong Kong

Room Tip: High floor away from the road so that you dont get bothered by noise from the bars
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review. We have taken note on your comments and appropriate actions will be taken to improve the situations. We look forward to welcoming you back and have a new experience with us.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

I had previously reviewed this hotel and gave a wonderful rating. My wife and I always stay here whenever we visit Hong Kong, which is about once or twice a month. Each time has been fantastic. The rooms were always comfortable and the staff was friendly and quick to get us checked in and out.

However, our most recent stay was the complete opposite of any of our previous experiences. The staff was very rude (the individual checking us in literally threw my passport back in front of me on the counter when he was done with it) and when I had complained about our room I was ignored. The room was very small, especially considering we had paid for an executive room. The bathroom was very outdated and a little dirty. Nothing like the rooms we were in before. I was surprised that this room was even here considering all the other rooms were much more modern.

The final straw was when I had sent an email to the manager with my concerns, and after a week I never heard back. At this point I don't expect to hear anything from them. Its too bad, because my wife and I will never stay here again after this terrible experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from Lockhart street are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael K

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Fast check-in even tho my credit card was not working when I arrived, I was able to leave a cash deposit.
Staff were very friendly and efficient.
I travel to HK every few month, and it’s the first time I’m satisfied with a budget hotel, I stayed 14 night for business, and I paid an average of HKD 492 / night (about US$60/night). I booked directly through the hotel site.
I had a standard room (#1212), but was very clean and spacious for Hong Kong standard. Also the room was very quiet, I never heard neighbors or street noises.
The bathroom had a bathtub with enough hot and pressure water which is often a problem in Hong Kong.
Location: situated 1 block from the MTR (Wanchai)
BONUS: they provide a mobile phone in each room during the stay with free local and USA calling and data within Hong Kong.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business