“Fast, reasonably priced, and tasty”
Review of Dim Sum Square

Dim Sum Square
Ranked #142 of 10,847 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: Sheung Wan
Neighbourhood: Sheung Wan
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Dim Sum Square as a tourist-friendly popular spot that had constant lines out the door and table-sharing was the norm. English photo menus made ordering a breeze and service was efficient while not the friendliest. Steamed rice rolls were the best while the sweeter ones like barbecue pork and custard buns were pretty typical.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Fast service, good prices and very good food. The staff is very friendly and there are picture menus so you don't need to worry about how to order. If you go during rush hour then prepare for a long wait. At other times you can get a table very quickly.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Found this place by accident. Just down the hill about 2 or 3 blocks below our Travelodge Hotel on Hollywood Road. The owner was very nice. The server threw the plates down. I explained to my wife, that was just the Chinese. Our waitress was miserable. Yet the owner was smiling at us. They don't provide any napkins here. I guess they are cutting costs. The waitress went by and yell out of her mouth "NO NAPKINS" Owner came over and said that we should go to the toilet and get paper towels. Dim Sum was greasy and below par. My wife will give anything a try, and she did and refused to finish anything of the 4 dishes I ordered. One had chicken with mushrooms wrapped in some tough paper. That was hard to get down. Why are these people even going here. This place needs to get their act together. Also they charge you for the tea. I'm okay with that, my wife wasn't. Very salty.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This is the place for Dim Sum. Always very busy at lunch time so go extremely early or extremely late ( even 3:30 pm) menu with English too, creamy custard buns, crispy BBQ pork bun Xiao Long Bao

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Visited again as this restaurant is close to my hotel. Food was served fast and hot. The turnip cake was delicious. I will be back for more very soon. I can’t recommend this fast food Dim Sum restaurant highly enough. Not fine dinning but a real taste of Hong Kong

Been to Dim Sum Square? Share your experiences!