“Delicious - still the best buffet going around”
Review of The Market

The Market
Reserve with Chope
The Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 11,820 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Inspired by the iconic food markets of Asia and Europe, with their vibrant atmosphere and abundant fresh produce, Hotel ICON presents a restaurant unlike any other. The Market's open kitchens serve international delights from antipasti to laksas to grilled beef. With separate sections for Deli, Sashimi, Hong Kong, Eastern and Western cuisine + Desserts, you can browse at your leisure. For special occasions, The Market's private dining room seats 15 people.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I visited The Market for our second time last night. I am delighted to say it was just as good as our first time, with such an amazing range of dishes it is impossible to try them all. We LOVE the sashimi station; top quality, quick and a great range of seafood. The cooked to order foie gras was also delicious and a highlight. This time we choose to get the drinks package which offers free flowing beer and wine; our wine glasses were never empty, thanks to the amazing service provided by all staff on hand. My one small suggestion is for the desert bar to offer some options for people who can’t eat dairy products. However this does not detract from the awesomeness of the restaurant and it is certainly a venue we see ourselves returning time and again to, on our frequent visits to Hong Kong. Thanks to everyone at The Market, for yet another sensational meal!

DeanJarvis-HotelICON, Director of Food & Beverage at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear StinkyParko
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent review with us. I am absolutely thrilled to learn of your 2 dinner dining experiences. We are always trying to come up with new ideas and ways to enhance the overall offering and experience so thank you for your comment about the dairy free items. I do hope that you make it back to see us again soon so you can try all the dishes that you didn't get get chance to on these occasions.
Regards
Dean

Reviewed 15 October 2018

We had breakfast here every day whilst staying at Hotel icon and it was excellent, top class. Fresh, extensive and delicious.
The Friday night seafood buffet was outstanding including prawns, crabs. oysters, small lobster and beautifully prepared seafood dishes.
There was choices other than seafood if you desired such as beautiful Lamb cutlets, pasta and salads.
The restaurant was full but the service was attentive with the young staff cleaning away all your shells when required.
The sweet selections were also impressive so keep some room in the belly.
I will be back!

DeanJarvis-HotelICON, Director of Food and Beverage at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear TraceyLea2013
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at The Market. I am thrilled to read of your enjoyment of our menu variety and selections. Our Culinary teams work very hard to keep the menu interesting and the quality of produce is of the upmost importance to us. It will give me great pleasure to share your comments with our team. Thank you again. Dean

Reviewed 12 October 2018

From breakfast,to lunch and to dinner choice of food is amazing.Not to forget friendliness of the staff,cleanliness of the whole place.

Dear TimTekin
Thank you so much for taking the time to review all 3 of our restaurants. I speak on behalf of the whole team when I thank you genuinely from all of us at Hotel ICON. Thank You. Dean

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Breakfast buffet was really outstanding for choice especially for breads. Evening buffet expensive however worth it for a culinary taste around the world.

DeanJarvis-HotelICON, Director of Food & Beverage at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Islac1958,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your comment with us.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your breakfast at The Market and that you appreciated the variety of food.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,
Dean Jarvis
Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed 6 October 2018

It was the last meal we had during our visit to Hongkong. We check the review and find this buffet restaurant. As expected, it really provides superior service and great food. There are many options of seafood and desserts. Really enjoyed the durian desserts. Also, hope to thank the restaurant manager George for his outstanding hospitality and professional service.

DeanJarvis-HotelICON, Director of Food & Beverage at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Cao Y,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your comments with us.

I am truly honored to know that you enjoyed our buffet at The Market. We are certainly proud of our signature Durian products and very pleased to learn of your enjoyment.

George and his team most certainly work very hard to deliver the outstanding hospitality that you mention and I am very grateful for your recognition of such. George is also truly delighted with your kind words.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,