“Great buffet breakfast”

Ranked #64 of 11,372 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Inspired by the iconic food markets of Asia and Europe, with their vibrant atmosphere and abundant fresh produce, Hotel ICON presents a restaurant unlike any other. The Market's open kitchens serve international delights from antipasti to laksas to grilled beef. With separate sections for Deli, Sashimi, Hong Kong, Eastern and Western cuisine + Desserts, you can browse at your leisure. For special occasions, The Market's private dining room seats 15 people.
Reviewed 4 July 2017

If breakfast is not included in your room rate then it is quite overpriced however cost aside, they provide a great buffet selection with both Asian and Western options (especially the bakery items!).

durier, Director of Food & Beverage at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear ankadams

Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON during your stay in Hong Kong.

I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable experience at The Market, and that the food selections were so memorable. We will share your kind comments with our culinary team.

Please do let me know if I can be assisted for any future reservations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I had a breakfasts here on three consecutive mornings as part of my room rate. The breakfasts were fantastic. A very wide selection of hot and cold foods. Hot egg dishes cooked to order, various hot meats and baked beans. Cold meats and cheeses and yoghurts, fruits and cereals. A highlight are the pastries.

I also booked a dinner reservation here one of the evenings during my stay. I was dining solo and I thought it was a very thoughtful gesture when the wait staff bought me some magazines to look through as I had no company.

I got to try some foods that I have never had before like caviar (yum), and fore gras (so-so). There was a large variety with many many things to try. Beautiful fresh seafood, and everything was kept tidy and replenished by the staff.

Of disappointment to me was the desert selection. I do not care for durian, which makes up a fair portion of the desert offerings. As I am a sweet tooth I really look forward to my post meal sweet treats. The desserts that I did try were very tasty - several types of panna cotta, several small cake squares, and the chocolate fountain, were all yummy. I just was disappointed with what I thought was a lack of variety in the desert section.

When you pay this much for a meal I don't want to end it on a disappointing note.

That being said everything that I ate was well prepared and delicious.

durier, Director of Food & Beverage at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear cosmocat12,

Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON during your stay in Hong Kong.

I am extremely pleased to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast and dinner buffet at The Market. Your feedback is well appreciated and of immense value to us as it enables us to continuously monitor and measure the level of service and standards at the hotel.

Please do let me know if I can be assisted of any future reservation. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Only ate breakfast here, but it was excellent, if a bit on the pricey side. Plenty of choice and lots of gluten free options. (HK on the whole doesn't really understand gluten). The gluten free cherry and pistachio muffins were to die for!! please share the recipe!

durier, Director of Food & Beverage at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Alison R

Thank you for dining at The Market during your stay in Hong Kong.

I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable experience here, and that the gluten-free dishes were so memorable. We will share your kind comments with our culinary team.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

good, the food is good, it can be better if they add drinks.
Desserts are wonderful, movenpick ice-cream, nice

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Dear grace a,

Thank you for very much for dining at The Market and taking your time to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the lunch buffet and that the desserts were so memorable.

Please feel free to contact me directly should I can be assisted of any future reservation. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Informal buffet
Huge choice
Wonderful food
Freshly cooked by nice chefs
Excellent value for money
Lovely atmosphere

Only problem is that is difficult to get table as the locals know it and frequent itv

durier, Director of Food & Beverage at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear buhalid

Thank you very much for your support to The Market!

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience at The Market. Your valued compliments will definitely encourage our team and help us to move forward.