“Good northern pho!”

Pho Yummee
Ranked #1,251 of 10,556 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

We were a bit skeptical going to a Vietnamese restaurant at such a high tourist place in Hong Kong. But it wasn't bad at all! Where I'm from, I can get it home cooked and we have pho shops everywhere so I know what's a good bowl of pho!

We ordered the beef pho. TIP! If you go during the day and they have their lunch special. Just go for it. It's supposedly their lunch size. But it comes with a coffee or a iced drink. My boyfriend ordered the regular beef pho and it looks like the same amount of food just in a larger bowl.

We're used to having veggies on the side. But they add all the veggies (basil, bean sprouts) in for you already. How do we know its northern? The noodles are thicker and my boyfriend who is Vietnamese says the employees were speaking a northern dialect.

All in all it may not be the most extravagant bowl of pho but it did have good flavor and a good fill.

1 lunch beef pho with a Vietnamese coffee, a regular beef pho and a beer came to about 33 USD. (pricier than the states but hey its HK) And they take card!

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

After you've been to the peak I recommend coming here to cool down in the aircon and refresh your tastebuds with their delicious fresh, colourful, flavourful dishes.

The flavours used in Vietnamese cuisine are so fragrant yet light. You don't feel heavy or sick after eating their meals.

The service was quick and the restaurant was clean.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We got sick of the food here !!!!!!!(and it was not even worth it). The food and the service was bad but prices were of cause very high. If you are on the peak and you are hungry you rather go to McDonald's than to this place !!! Not only did they bring our food other guests, after we told them that there is something missing (and of course the other guests started eating) they took the plate, added the missing food on the plate, and gave it to us. This place is horrible!

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Having visited Vietnam and eaten a lot of Pho, I can honestly say that this is nothing like the real deal.

I ordered the lemongrass chicken which tasted of oil and nothing else and my husband ordered the Pho - when it arrived it was like a tomato broth with spaghetti with chunks of tough fatty beef. Very disappointing!

1  Thank Kathryn M
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

It's no 5* restaurant but it's not trying to be. The service was good and the food looked like it did on the menu and it was quickly served. The shared appetiser was great if you can't decide on what to have and the fried squid rings were nice too. We had a dish with beef cubes and tomato rice. This was very tasty in a black pepper sauce and the cubes were some of the tenderest beef I've ever had. Well worth a try !