“Spectacular views and Peking Duck!!”
Review of Above and beyond

Above and beyond
Ranked #111 of 10,700 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Take in the stunning views of the Hong Kong skyline from our 28th floor Chinese fine-dining restaurant, which gained three “fork-and-spoons” in the Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2012. Enjoy exquisitely prepared dim-sum and seasonal Cantonese cuisine together with vintage wines from our private collection. There are three private dining rooms and even a kitchen, should you wish to bring your own chef.We have also recently been selected by Condé Nast Traveller UK to be on their “Best New Restaurant 2012: Hotel Tables” list.
Reviewed 5 December 2015

We were staying at this wonderful modern hotel and were conveniently lured in to booking a table here after seeing pictures in the elevators of the food on offer here. I'm so glad we did as the sliced peking duck and harbour views were tremendous. I think the outstanding service here made it taste even better!

durier, Director of Food & Beverage at Above and beyond, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Dear Mikes1181,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience here at Above & Beyond Chinese Restaurant.

Let me know if I can assist for a future reservation.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

The first time this bar on last Friday. I ordered the Tea Cocktail, taste is so fresh. I've never tried tea cocktail, highly recommended!
The dim sum set with a glass of white or red wine is value for money, spring roll is delicious!
Overall, good experience, but the reception at the bar make me so disappointed.
I asked the direction of washroom, she only pointed the direction without any eye contact, keep looking at her computer, that's hotel icon service? The service from a trainee inside the restaurant is much better than this reception girl.

1  Thank MarieLJA
durier, Director of Food & Beverage at Above and beyond, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2015

Dear MarieLJA,

Thanks for taking valuable time and effort in writing us review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the food and cocktail here at Above & Beyond Lounge.

Thank you very much for bringing out the concerns and we really appreciate it, it gives us an opportunity to improve ourselves in the future.

I am very sorry to hear about the case and please accept my sincere apology. We are investigating the case and I hope to learn more about this case with you. Please do not hesitate to send me an email with your phone number so I can contact you directly.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

Overall it was a good experience. The service was very good and though the food was good I was expecting something really outstanding.
We had the tasting menu which was a nice mixture of dishes that complemented each other, it was really nice, but I just was expecting something more.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

We First enjoyed en aperitiv at the bar next to the Restaurant and moved later to the Restaurant. We hade the impression that the staff gave priority to Chinese clients, not one of the foreigners got a windows place. The chinese food was excellent.

durier, Director of Food & Beverage at Above and beyond, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Dear renes947,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience here at Hotel ICON, and the food and service were so memorable.

Let me know if I can assist for a future reservation. I will make sure you can get the nicest window side table in your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

We enjoyed the view while have wonderful food. We went there every night and also had breakfast. The service is outstanding and very friendly. I would highly recommend and the Hotel IKON. Everything about the food, service, style, views etc were outstanding!

Dear Bankerwon,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip in Hong Kong. I am pleased that you enjoyed the club privilege in Above & Beyond Club Lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist for a future reservation.