“Nice food and ambience”

Price range: US$32 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: We Promise Culinary Passion every Day, a Heart-felt Commitment to Our Guests, and a Culture that You and All our People are Worthy of Respect...
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The thing about Dan Ryan's is its unfailing standard. You will be sure to enjoy the same quality every time. No surprise is good when it comes to food. Service is appropriate and staff are attentive and not overbearing.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Reviewed 3 November 2017

The table is well ready when we arrived, that's what a Reservation is meant to be. Impressive Halloween make up and the overall atmosphere was nice. Spent a very nice evening with my family there, thumbs up.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I travelled from Tai Po on the MTR, and it took a little bit of discovery to get from the MTR to Dan Ryans at Festival Walk.
I did find my way and I felt really good walking into a real pub, something that I have not experienced this year.
The decor was totally American, with some wonderful paintings on the wall. The bar was a feature that was 'in your face' at the entrance of the the pub. U-shaped, with probably 10 - 15 seats. There were tables to the right of the bar, and booth-style seating for the restaurant. The bar was good for people watching (facing the mall, and open-fronted), and biding my time until my friend arrived. It was easy to spot him before he entered.
We managed to sit, chat, and consume a number of Samuel Adams draft beers (odd that it was from Boston, considering we were in a Chicago pub). If we wanted, there were a lot of other beers available. The bar staff were friendly and on the ball; did not have to ask for a refill. However, even at happy hour, we spent over HKD300 for 5 beers!!
However, it was worthwhile for a good to catch up, in a very enjoyable environment.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I reviewed the last meal at Dan Ryan's before the closure of its much loved space in Pacific Place last year, now we're trying the Festival Walk restaurant. It is consistently good which is difficult in a place like HK where the dining industry follows - unfortunately - the latest silly trends. Straightforward American food with American portions, thank heavens. Chili - excellent with a slight smokey flavour, a cut above most chilis in this town. The Caesar salad, with or without toppings, was carefully prepared, the Romaine extra crunchy and the dressing authentic. I like the anchovies plopped on top, but let's face it, in the American tradition, no one wants "little fish." Yeesh. The breakfast special featuring the hash was likewise a treat, although my lunching companion thought the hash too salty. I pointed out that this is the way it is served in the States, so again, authentic. The fish n chips is always wonderful, with thick fillets and a refreshing change from the anemic Asian fish that many places try to substitute. Bravo on the mashed . . . in whatever context you encounter them here. A final word: don't miss the Spicy Bloody Mary - it's a meal on its own.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Three of us went for a Sunday lunch.
Food was average, just what we expected. We had a prawn salad, onion soup, lasagne, a combo of half grilled chicken and half rack of ribs, one serve of tiramisu, an Oreo milkshake and coffee.
The salad was fresh, prawns were fresh and big though hadn't got much taste. Onion soup was tasty. Lasagne was ordinary but bit dry on the top. The meat combo was alright too. The portion of tiramisu was big and tasted like 'tiramisu'. I had a decaf coffee while another friend had a regular coffee at the end of the meal. The Oreo milkshake was thick and delicious. Both cups of coffee were diluted with water, had no taste at all. My friend finally changed to a short black.
In general, meal was okay, good place for casual lunch, service was good and fast, our table waitress was polite, patient and attentive, and go somewhere else for coffee.