3,874 results
All reviewsozone barthe club loungetallest hotelladies and gentlemenhighest bar in the worldtin lung heenanna lopezelements mallvictoria harbour viewclub managericc buildingkowloon stationspecial thanksguest relationsswimming poolfront office managercorner suite
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This was a very nice stay at the Ritz in Hong Kong. The hotel was great located at the tallest building in Hong Kong. The staff was amazing and very friendly. The hotel is directly connected to Elements shopping mall which one of the nicest in Hong Kong and also has an access to Kowloon MRT station. The breakfast buffet was incredible and offers so many options and a spectacular view! As for the rooms, they were not perfect. I expected them to be more beautiful, but they were ok.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marafi_Qatar
Pierre P, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Marafi_Qatar,

Thank you very much for your generous review.

I am elated to hear that you enjoyed our room experience as much as our impeccable service from our Ladies and Gentlemen. We work tirelessly to ensure that all the needs and desires of our guests are being met to their satisfaction. Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to meet up with your expectations on the room. We are always searching for methods to achieve higher standards so your kind feedback is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to re-gain your trust.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

we booked 1 night in the Ritz as we planned to see the hotel before we commit to long time reservation. we decided to leave the hotel from the first day.
it started with the receptionist who pushed me to pay additional 2000 dollars per night in order to give me the room earlier than the check in time. I followed up later and found out that the receptionist made an up-sale and added club access which i did not ask for and this was the 2000 which I was pushed to pay. the man misused my situation as I was going to accept anything to put the sleepy kids in bed after long flight.
then, the way the staff are behaving with guests is not friendly at all. Staff does not speak good English and it was a challenge to have a quick conversation.
moreover, the hotel is isolated, nothing us near to it.
this hotel can be for business purposes only as the finishes are luxurious. finishes are 5 stars but not the behaviour.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Relax148325
Pierre P, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying with The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong and sharing your valuable comments with us. It was with the deepest disappointment to hear your comments regarding the check in incident and I wish to sincerely apologize for that. Unfortunately, we failed to deliver The Ritz-Carlton experience that you have come to expect and deserve. Please rest assured your comments are taken very seriously and have been reviewed among the Department Heads as well as the Ladies & Gentlemen whom you have interacted with to prevent a reoccurrence in the future.

Thank you once again for choosing our property and giving us the opportunity to learn and improve. Please accept our sincere apologies again and kindly reach me at Pierre.Perusset@ritzcarlton.com for any assistance. We look forward your eventual return.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

I only stayed in the Ritz for two nights. It's a Ritz-Carlton, and it lives up to the name, but I just wouldn't recommend staying here if you're planning on going out and adventuring.

PROS:

+ Employees: All of the employees were very nice and attentive. I had no issue whatsoever in this regard.

+ Luxury: It's a Ritz. Enough said.

+ The View: The Ritz hotel begins around floor 100, so your room is guaranteed to have an amazing view of the city unlike anything else. This is honestly the biggest draw of the Ritz for me. (Though you could always just visit the Ozone bar on top of the Ritz without having to stay at the hotel).

CONS:

- High Floors: While this is a pro as well, having to go up and down multiple elevators over 100 floors every time you want to go out can be tiring. Takes a fair amount of time to get an elevator to the ground floor as well.

- Location: The Ritz isn't really located near anything. This means you will HAVE to take a cab to get anywhere.

- Price: Okay, it's a Ritz, so you know what you're getting into. But the breakfast buffet at ~US$50 a person is a bit overkill considering it's basically the same offerings as the Renaissance, but the Renaissance charges ~US$30 per person (or just eat in the lounge if you're a Marriott Gold member for free - no such luck on getting in the lounge at the Ritz).

Overall, there's nothing really wrong with the Ritz if you really have your heart set on staying there.

I just recommend staying at the Renaissance in Wan Chai:
+ GREAT location with lots of bars and nightlife a few streets down that you can walk to.
+ Right across the street from the Star Ferry, which is an experience in and of itself and a cheap way to get from Wan Chai to TST (Kowloon).
+ Lounge for Marriott Gold members with decent food offerings and a great Happy Hour.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam S

Dear Sam S,

Thank you very much for staying with The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong and sharing your valuable comments with us. I was glad to know that you enjoyed the renowned Ritz-Carlton service delivered from our Ladies and Gentlemen, yet found our hotel location was not as convenient as Renaissance in Wan Chai. Our hotel is connected with the shopping mall and MTR which takes around 10 mins to Central and 25 mins to the Airport. The West Kowloon surroundings are currently under constructions for a better cultural district and hopefully you can experience the other side of Hong Kong next time.

Our Ladies and Gentlemen look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing stay with us.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I'll preface this by saying that in the last 6 years I have been a Starwood (now Marriott) diehard loyalist, having spent over 1,000 nights at some of the best properties in the portfolio (mostly St. Regis, Luxury Collection, W) spanning every continent. Simply put, amongst all those nights this is the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

The view - The best I've ever seen of a city skyline. Period.
The room - Considered down to the smallest detail.
The lobby - Screams bold, understated class.

But the STAFF is what sets this place to next level. More on this now:

This was a very special stay for me. I was with my girlfriend spending the last night before she took off for an extended leave abroad working with the Red Cross. I reached out to front office manager Aven to let him know, and he and his team truly bent over backwards to make this an unforgettable experience exceeding all expectations.

The room was setup with a beautiful array of Moet champagne, chocolate strawberries, two folded swans, balloons, rose petals, and a customized leather-framed picture of my girlfriend and me. Wow!!!

Throughout the entire stay it seemed as though everyone knew us by name and our backstory. The staff was really pleasant to chat with and all were incredibly passionate about being part of the Ritz team. They were polished and sociable, but never felt stuffy or forced - a delicate balance I consider the highest benchmark in luxury service that is oftentimes missed. The staff at the Ritz Hong Kong strike it perfectly. Over and over.

My business partner is good friends with the front office manager of the Ritz New York, and I'd heard about the extreme lengths that the Ritz brand will go to to ensure an AMAZING customer experience (from having the bell men check luggage tags for names so the front desk agents can greet accordingly, to curating uniquely special surprises). The Ritz Hong Kong held up to this standard and then some.

It's the highest hotel in the world. In a city with the best skyline in the world. When you combine the two, the views are truly breathtaking. There's something special about checking into a lobby located on the 103rd floor of arguably the most iconic skyscraper in all of Hong Kong.

It requires a lot to come together for a luxury property to hit such high marks across the board, especially when the expectations are generally quite high from guests. So I really appreciate the well-oiled operational expertise that's taking place here to the build experience that the Ritz Hong Kong does.

Truly 5 stars.

Many thanks and I will surely be back.

Room Tip: Harbor view is worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 412andrewy
Pierre P, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear 412andrewy,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.

I am thrilled to hear that our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to make a positive impression on your stay and you would like to stay with us again in the future. At The Ritz-Carlton, we always strive for excellence and deliver the best service to our guests. Rest assured that your kind works have been shared with Aven and his team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in December. This hotel is the cream of the crop. The hotel and our room were magnificent! The staff totally spoils you and the location is perfect. It's pricey for the average person, but for a once in a lifetime adventure, well worth it. I would like to give a special regards to Billy who hand walked our luggage from the hotel to the airline check in at the train station which was helpful since I had a torn ACL and broken toe at the time. Eunice, thank you for the plate of chocolate goodies, perfect way to end the day! Daphne from Paris, thank you for the hand made map of Hong Kong's hot spots you made for us and your willingness to listen to our ramblings :)and lastly a HUGE thank you to Bianca Liu who took the time and trouble to track down my bag that contained my car keys and important papers back to a hotel we stayed at in Beijing.Most people would not have really cared. That alone would have spoiled my trip so thank you!!!! Worth every penny!

Room Tip: Best views of Hong Kong, Harbor view worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank karenpetr

Dear karenpetr,

Thank you very much for your superb review.

I am thrilled that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and enjoyed the service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen. We pride ourselves in providing the finest personal service for our esteemed guests to ensure that you have a memorable stay. Rest assured that your kind words have been shared with Billy, Eunice, Daphne and Bianca.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.