“One of the best views on the island”

Wooloomooloo Steakhouse (Wan Chai)
Reserve with OpenTable
Wooloomooloo Steakhouse (Wan Chai) is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 11,950 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Only went for drinks on the rooftop bar. The drinks are ok, prices are pretty high, but you are paying for the view which is indeed amazing, go for it!

Date of visit: February 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Wooloomooloo few weeks ago. We arrived at 9.45pm and we’ve been informed about the last call at 11pm. Fine for us.
The menu is great and you have large choices.
The view is outstanding and the restaurant atmosphere is pretty pleasant.
But I’ve been quite disappointed when my steak arrived ... cold ... ! That shouldn’t happen on a steak house.
As the last call was at 11pm, we’ve been asked to choose a dessert at that time. We took one to share but we were still eating our fries. When the dessert get ready, they brought it to the table and removed the fries (which we were still eating) without saying anything or asking if we were ready for the dessert. As the fries were good I would have love to finish my plate but apparently they thought I had enough.
Few minutes after that they brought the check and asked us to pay the bill.
When we finished our dessert, they ask us to leave soon as they were closing the restaurant.... I can understand that the team want to sleep at one point but I think they could have wait until 11.45 pm to rush us out.

1  Thank margaux l
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Very delicious food with amazing view. The service was also top notch. Came with family and I have nothing to complain about, I will recommend to everyone looking for a nice steak dinner with a view.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best rooftop bars in HK in my opinion. The bar is busy and the views are superb.
Well heated and gets a lively crowd in.
The menu is extensive so plenty of choice.
Restaurant was a bit on the chilly side but we were under the aircon and they obliged and turned it off.
Just a long queue for the limited toilets so don’t leave it too late !

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We came here for dinner, drinks and to relax after a busy day.

Our Uber driver dropped us on the wrong side of the building so we had to walk around to find the entrance.

The restaurant is located in the 31st floor and the bar another floor up. We took an escalator up one floor to get to the elevators.

This Wooloomooloo is smaller than the TST site, which was undergoing renovations, and to me does not have as nice of a view of the harbor from the Hong Kong island side.

We reserved a window seat and were told we have until 8:30pm to finish our dinner before the next group arrived. The restaurant was not very full throughout the night so it was a little easier to chat amongst ourselves compared to the TST site.

We skipped ordering any appetizers due to the size of the steaks we ordered. About half of us ordered the Woloomooloo steak (a lean cut with Cajun spices) or the 12 oz rib eye (a lot fattier) paired with our choice of sauce ( I enjoyed the mushroom sauce) and hand served mustards. All our steaks were cooked to the right level of doneness and very good. We also ordered sides and the best were the scalloped potatoes, wild mushrooms, creamed spinach and steamed asparagus. For dessert the soufflé was the best (takes 25 minutes to make so plan to order in advance to avoid waiting at the end) followed by the molten chocolate cake and apple crumble tart. Wine is a little pricey but we did order two different bottles of Australian Shiraz. All of us were quite happy with our meals.

Service was a little rough at first (a little tough to communicate for some reason) but improved later with good servicing of our table and refueling of our glasses.

After dinner we headed up to the rooftop bar. It was really cold and the heaters just did not cut it so we decided to call it a night. Views were a lot better from any location in the bar compared to the restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Wooloomooloo Steakhouse (Wan Chai)? Share your experiences!