Open today: 11:30 am - 12:00 am
Review Highlights
Superb Live Music Venue

Absolutely fantastic live music venue! Decent drinks (didn’t try the food) but the music is just... read more

Reviewed 25 May 2024
Ryan H
Hong Kong, China
Amazing food and live music!

The wanch is a fantastic place to go for great food and live music! With the new location open with... read more

Reviewed 6 January 2024
70maddyv

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2019 via mobile

I came here on my birthday, having read the positive reviews and hoping to enjoy some live music. Sadly, it was a very small venue, uncomfortably hot and the music was badly played 90s covers. The wine cost £9 for a glass, and was really not good at all. I left the wine.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 7 December 2019

A really good music venue, music/bands were good, atmosphere brilliant and the drinks were reasonably priced (for HK)

Date of experience: November 2019
4  Thank 84,317,582
Reviewed 20 November 2019 via mobile

This bar is a very small classic dive-bar style rock venue. The “stage” is right by the main window at the same level as the rest of the place so you’re walking by the guitarist or other musician on your way in and rocking out with them face to face while in there. The staff were a group of fairly friendly women though they varied in demeanour. The drinks are an ok price, about 55-65 hkd for draught and bar rail. The music varies. I went in on two separate occasions and once got an acoustic solo rock act, and the other time a French band plying a mix of French songs and Bowie covers, and a three piece rock outfit that played 70s songs. The quality was pretty good on all accounts and the sound was loud! There is music every night and start time of the first act is about 6pm I believe. There are posters all over the wall of different bands and and music art for a great grungy feel.

Date of experience: November 2019
4  Thank RoomForFailure
Reviewed 30 July 2019 via mobile

As many do, I quite wanted to see some live music while I spent time in HK. After reading online I saw that the Wanch was a hotspot for live music.

Upon arrival I quickly realised that the bar is absolutely tiny, perhaps capable of holding maximum 30 people comfortably and that’s at a stretch. The beer was grossly overpriced and the place was just generally uncomfortable.

The saving grace was the music setup. It was professionally done and the band sounded great. It’s clear the owner/manager cares about live music in Hong Kong.

Perhaps the Wanch, despite HK rent hikes, should consider a larger venue for the future?

Date of experience: June 2019
3  Thank honestrevasi
Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

Tiny bar, expensive prices, very loud music and you have to battle to get to the bar where the staff are disinterested and rude..unless you're a regular it seems. Most people are older, 50+ expats but there are much more spacious venues with better prices, music and friendly staff.

Date of experience: May 2019