Open today: 2:00 pm - 12:00 am
Review Highlights
Loved it.

A really good music venue, music/bands were good, atmosphere brilliant and the drinks were... read more

Reviewed 6 December 2019
Bristol, United Kingdom
Rock&Roll Bar

This bar is a very small classic dive-bar style rock venue. The “stage” is right by the main window... read more

Reviewed 20 November 2019

from US$83.60
from US$157.41
from US$114.26
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2018

The Wanch - Hong Kong's only rock 'n roll club! Small but cosy. Several live acts every night. When I am in Hong Kong I spend my evenings here. Conveniently located in the Wan Chai area it is a place free of etiqiette - come as you are and enjoy rock and blues music! John - the owner is legend - hear him with his own new band (Project X) or listen to young artists proving there is music beside the mainstream in Hong Kong.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Axxertos
Reviewed 22 October 2018

We were quite a large group, all from the same Company. Had got together for a farewell & the last evening we were here with JP & Bridget. They made it totally memorable for us. Fantastic music & such wonderful hosts. Place was packed but we were given our tables & wine to drink. Some of us danced & then we had these photo shoots out on the street!!!
Such wonderful, warm people involved with the Wanch, thank you so much. We have come back with wonderful memories.

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank gargi28
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

No doubts about it.
I've been to at least 5 other live music bars on hong kong island, including hard rock cafe.
Despite the very professional level of bands in other places they still don't beat the atmosphere in the wanch.
Beer prices are from 60hkd, not cheap, but you're not forced to. I just don't like to come to a no cover charge live show and order nothing, so I still order the beer. They also have their own brewed beer, but didn't try that.
On weekend the place was crowded and great bands with great set lists were playing and the whole place was very lively.
There are about 3 bands playing each evening, check their website. All bands play almost different stuff, unlike in other bars nearby. Also unlike the other bars nearby, this place is more cozy and I liked the audience much better in the wanch.
When I visited other live music bars around I always came back to the wanch. It's just the best over there!

Date of experience: September 2018
3  Thank VadimBelov
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

What was that last night? Great music with guest popping in who sang and played as well. Amazing! Will come back next time I am in Hong Kong!

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank sb709ah
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I'm not much of a pub person but the Wanch is definitely my favourite in Hong Kong. The service is friendly, the prices affordable and the live music represents a total drawcard. So wallow in nostalgia then, and have an awesome time doing so!

Date of experience: June 2018