“Friendly staff, great prices, and very good food”
Review of Saigon Saigon

Saigon Saigon
Ranked #1,509 of 10,585 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: Saigon Sàigòn is a unique restaurant serving authentic traditional and modern Vietnamese cuisine in a vibrant and fresh atmosphere, at a reasonable price.The restaurant is headed by a Vietnamese husband and wife team from Australia. Their origins are from south Vietnam and north Vietnam respectively, creating a fusion of tastes and an all encompassing authenticity.
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Anyone familiar with downtown Hong Kong knows that despite appearances, some of your best cuisine can be found in restaurants crowbarred cheek-by-jowl into the upper floors of the many skyscrapers. Ladyfriend and I were in Causeway Bay and craving Vietnamese, and Saigon Saigon did not disappoint.

It was early for us -- just after 17:00 -- and so we were able to catch the last half hour of the "Tea Set" special, a sort of happy hour in which certain dishes were cheaper. We both had bowls of the tea-set-sized raw-beef pho, orders of the spring rolls, and two Tiger beers. The wonderful server (on which more below) warned us that the tea-set pho comes in a smaller portion, but we were very happy with the size (see the attached pictures for reference). The spring rolls were hot and crispy, and the dipping sauce (which came in a massive sort of pitcher-like container -- again, see photos) was incredible, hitting all of the salty, sweet, sour notes on the palate. The beer was cold and served in a kind of Mason jar. And the pho was very good. The broth was fragrant and delicious, if a little bit salty to my taste, but it hit all of the right notes.

The restaurant itself is tiny, but as we were the only customers at that hour, it didn't feel cramped. The incredibly avuncular and helpful server gave us plenty of time and space, and she really made the visit worthwhile. Oh, and the tea-set prices meant that we left full for less than 170 HKD (about 18 euro, or a little over $20 American, including tip!).

Saigon Saigon is not a fancy place, but we'll definitely be hitting it up again for snacks and drinks after work. As we were leaving, our server said, "Come back my dears, and bring your friends!" We'll be doing that.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Came here several times and I always order the Banh khot, deep fried spring rolls, steamed rice rolls, and fresh spring rolls. Feels like home every time I'm here and most importantly, I always leave this place satisfied.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Very good authentic Vietnamese food made by authentic Vietnamese Chef. Loved it! Definitely wanna comeback!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

My wife and I tried Saigon Sáigón last night and were very pleased with our choice.
In the middle of bustling Causeway Bay Saigon Sáigón was like a Vietnamese oasis.
We ordered the 'set' for two people which consisted of delicious crispy spring rolls, rice rolls with pork & mushrooms, Phö Tái, morning glory and sliced pork shoulder with rice (Price HK$250).
We also has a desert - fried banana with ice-cream.
To finish the meal I had a 'Traditional Vietnamese Ice Coffee in a Drip Filter' (to die for!) and my wife had standard Vietnamese hot coffee.
That's a lot of food for two people.
Great food, very friendly service and very good value.
We recommend that you give it a try.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Saigon Saigon serves authentic Vietnamese food, I love the vermicelli noodle with chicken and the Pho, the soup base is really delicious. Add the Viet coffee with the meal to make the Vietnamese experience complete! They also serve afternoon tea set for 35-40 HKD. Recommend to go!