10 people are viewing this hotel
US$96
travelup.comUS$143
Hotels.comUS$127
ZenHotels.comUS$158
All reviews shek mun river view apartment room dinner buffet duty manager foie gras swimming pool hotel facilities makes me feel free upgrade birthday staycation front desk staff sha tin long stay macaroons front office queen bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the second stay at Alva Hotel By Royal, Hong Kong with my wife and the crowds are as usual on weekend at lobby. We met Leo, the Duty Manager again and he offered us an attentive service to us and assign the same room for us which is requested when making the reservation.

Despite the long queue as expected, a special thanks to Leo and Ted who are super responsive and gave us a clear understanding of when the earliest rooms available.

My family and I have high praise for them and their diligence and professionalism.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sam,

Thank you very much for your repeated patronage at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL. Your review and photos are encouraging. We are overjoyed that all our service impressed you and made your stay enjoyable and memorable even with a long queue.
The personal touch by our Duty Manager Leo and Chief Concierge is one of our key factor to customer service, I am so glad to learn that their diligence and professionalism are recognized by our valuable guest like you.

Needless to say, we all look forward to your return again and again. Please visit our official website to discover the best offer.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is our first time to stay and dine in Alva hotel. It is definitely a memorable one. Both our kids and us enjoy the stay so much.
We got a upgraded room as the check-in staff noticed our birthday in July.
We had dinner buffet at the hotel. Staff at the restaurant are really caring and friendly even my kids do make a mess. The food quality is good.

Staff, Mr Ted Wong, offers us attentive assistance when we come to the lobby asking for the shuttle bus service.

There is a bicycle park opposite the hotel and bicycles are available to rent from the hotel.
I really recommend this hotel for family stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Nicole,

Thank you very much for your comment with lovely photos after your recent stay at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and experienced the impeccable service provided by our service team especially from Chief Concierge Ted and rest of the restaurant staff. We are meticulous about every detail in our service in hopes of creating unique and memorable stays for our guests.

My colleagues and I look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My partner booked this hotel at short notice due to another booking not being possible. I am so glad that she did as the whole experience was amazing.

The apartment room is a fantastic size and you just have the ability to completely relax and unwind at the end of the day with the open space and feel of the room. The other features such as double sink and walk in shower are amazing as well. There were 2 wall mounted TVs for us to use including the ability to AirPlay and cast from my iPad to enjoy videos and movies.

The housekeeping was top notch, they had our room immaculate and fresh towel exchanges whenever we needed it, as well as being friendly and polite.

The breakfast is amazing, with a very large selection of western and Asian dishes on offer daily. The food was prepared to a high standard and very tasty. We did dine in for one evening meal and it was also wonderful, with literally too much to choose from!

The City One Metro station is a short walk from the hotel which allows fast and easy access into Kowloon from the Sha Tin area. We were able to go out shopping or for food very easily with a nice selection of restaurant and markets nearby. Every time we needed a taxi they would arrange one for us and the waiting area seats are very comfortable.

If you want to eat light and grab a drink the Pitstop is a nice choice in the lobby area and the wall TV is super sized - just a shame the Premier League had already finished for the year!

Immaculate, great hygiene standards, impressive covid control measure too. I highly recommend a stay here if you want to be just outside of the downtown area for a relaxing and quieter place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2022
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Joe Jones

Thank you for taking your precious time to share such a wonderful review with us. I'm thrilled that you had an amazing staying experience at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL.

ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL is a hotel in a unique riverside location in Shatin. With lush green surroundings and smart user-friendly technology for guests’ comfort and wellness, ALVA invites modern travellers to explore a hidden gem in Hong Kong and experience a travel journey replete with relaxation and discovery.

We hope to host you again in the near future! Please if you need any assistance for staying with us, do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Reviewed 7 July 2022

The hotel is clean and modern, excellent services, various choice of food in buffet breakfast and the view from the hotel room is nice too. The supermarket is located on the hotel G/F, it's convenient for a long-term stay customer like me. The staff here is friendly and professional, especially Ms. Perman Chik of sales office; the front desk lady who assisted me during check-in (sorry, I forgot your name) and Leo who assisted me with Go Royal app points registration, they're all good!

Dear AChan

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us online and the TripAdvisor community. Comfortable facilities and spacious accommodation are our well-known features. Surely ALVA HOTEL is the greatest choices for a staycation or long-term rental.

We are so glad to learn that you found our staff Perman Chik and Leo are friendly and professional. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with them and no doubt they will take great pleasure in reading your comments.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2022 via mobile

Stayed here in mid-June for 4 days 3 nights, delighted to have the room facing the river on a high floor.

Quite surprised with the room size, room is spacious comparing the average hotel room size in hk. Room is well renovated. Room equipped with smart home system, you can use an iPad to control everything in room, like the lighting system, TV and air-con.

Minibar with 3 complimentary drinks, no room service, but you can easily find the vending machines at lobby that sell mostly all you need at reasonable prices!

Best part is room was the shower, they are using water therapy shower head that you can totally recharged after a long day!

Also tried mizutani, the Japanese restaurant on top floor, in-house guest can get a 20% off for all outlets. Mizutani omakase was amazing and very delicious!

My whole stay was taking care by Himson from front office, thanks for his hospitality, he always being polite, humble, being flexible for the arrangement throughout my stay, I enjoyed my stay very much, fully recovered! :)

Definitely will recommend my friends to stay at Alva, and I would like to try their suite next time! :)

Room tip: River view room for sure!
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2022

Dear Cecillia4travel

Thank you very much for your recent 4 days 3 nights stay at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL. Your very satisfied experience together with a 5 stars rating is truly appreciated.

Mizautani Japanese Restaurant team including chef and floor staff always strives for food & service excellence, and I'm so proud that they have outdone themselves, we are also glad that you named Himson at Front Office for his hospitality. Your kind words will be shared with all of them.
Thank you once again and we can't wait to welcome you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL soon!

Director of Operations ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL