Lowest prices for your stay
travelup.com
View deal
ExpediaUS$127
Hotels.comUS$127
ZenHotels.comUS$158
All reviews shek mun river view apartment room dinner buffet duty manager foie gras swimming pool hotel facilities makes me feel free upgrade birthday staycation front desk staff sha tin long stay macaroons front office queen bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 July 2022

The hotel is clean and modern, excellent services, various choice of food in buffet breakfast and the view from the hotel room is nice too. The supermarket is located on the hotel G/F, it's convenient for a long-term stay customer like me. The staff here is friendly and professional, especially Ms. Perman Chik of sales office; the front desk lady who assisted me during check-in (sorry, I forgot your name) and Leo who assisted me with Go Royal app points registration, they're all good!

Date of stay: July 2022
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear AChan

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us online and the TripAdvisor community. Comfortable facilities and spacious accommodation are our well-known features. Surely ALVA HOTEL is the greatest choices for a staycation or long-term rental.

We are so glad to learn that you found our staff Perman Chik and Leo are friendly and professional. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with them and no doubt they will take great pleasure in reading your comments.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2022 via mobile

Stayed here in mid-June for 4 days 3 nights, delighted to have the room facing the river on a high floor.

Quite surprised with the room size, room is spacious comparing the average hotel room size in hk. Room is well renovated. Room equipped with smart home system, you can use an iPad to control everything in room, like the lighting system, TV and air-con.

Minibar with 3 complimentary drinks, no room service, but you can easily find the vending machines at lobby that sell mostly all you need at reasonable prices!

Best part is room was the shower, they are using water therapy shower head that you can totally recharged after a long day!

Also tried mizutani, the Japanese restaurant on top floor, in-house guest can get a 20% off for all outlets. Mizutani omakase was amazing and very delicious!

My whole stay was taking care by Himson from front office, thanks for his hospitality, he always being polite, humble, being flexible for the arrangement throughout my stay, I enjoyed my stay very much, fully recovered! :)

Definitely will recommend my friends to stay at Alva, and I would like to try their suite next time! :)

Room tip: River view room for sure!
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2022

Dear Cecillia4travel

Thank you very much for your recent 4 days 3 nights stay at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL. Your very satisfied experience together with a 5 stars rating is truly appreciated.

Mizautani Japanese Restaurant team including chef and floor staff always strives for food & service excellence, and I'm so proud that they have outdone themselves, we are also glad that you named Himson at Front Office for his hospitality. Your kind words will be shared with all of them.
Thank you once again and we can't wait to welcome you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL soon!

Director of Operations ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 13 June 2022 via mobile

I’m very glad to have a new stay with my friends in Alva again. Alva is always on my list! Their swift and efficiency are always in my mind! When I stepped into the hotel entrance, I can feel the warm hospitality from the staff. Especially thanks Mr. Sammy Yip, who is the Director of Operations of the hotel, for his warm greeting and welcoming again! And I would like to thank the staff too. They arranged two rooms just next to both of us. Thanks for making us more convenient. Their facilities and entertainment are modern too! You can just easy to control the equipment within an iPad! So I’m highly recommend to those who are interested with. I would love to send all my praises to their efforts and dedicated. I can’t wait to stay with them again very soon!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Andy C
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2022

Dear Andy Chan

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and lovely photo with us online and the TripAdvisor community.
ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL is a hotel in a unique riverside location in Shatin. With lush green surroundings and smart user-friendly technology for guests’ comfort and wellness, ALVA invites modern travelers to explore a hidden gem in Hong Kong and experience a travel journey replete with relaxation and discovery.
Thanks again for your kind review and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon, do let us know if we can assist with any arrangements.

Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

Alva by Royal is one of favourite hotel in the past two years when I have to spend my holiday locally. Visited again early this month, staff and rooms are always up to standard and friendly. Bike rental is one of my favourite activities during my stay and is hard to find another hotel in Hk with such activity provided next to the bike trail.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2022

Dear Donald

We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful time in ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL.
Your commendation to staff is appreciated, and I have passed on your comments to our team.
Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2022 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 months (2nd stay) and 9 months (1st stay). The fact that I came back again showed how much I liked about this hotel - clean and modern facilities, excellent services and green surroundings (quite rare in a city like Hong Kong). If you look for a long-term stay in a serviced apartment, Alva is a fantastic choice. Please look for Ms Apple Ng, who’s the sales manager supporting my stay. She’s absolutely service-oriented and professional.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear TC

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share this kind review after your recent repeated stay with ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL!
Your commendation to Ms. Apple Ng , our Assistant Director of Sales is appreciated, and I have passed on your comments to our team.
Thank you once again and we definitely can't wait to welcome you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL soon!

Director of Operations ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL