54 people are viewing this hotel
US$96
travelup.comUS$143
Hotels.comUS$127
ZenHotels.comUS$158
All reviews shek mun river view apartment room dinner buffet duty manager foie gras swimming pool hotel facilities makes me feel free upgrade birthday staycation front desk staff sha tin long stay macaroons front office queen bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2022 via mobile

Stayed here in mid-June for 4 days 3 nights, delighted to have the room facing the river on a high floor.

Quite surprised with the room size, room is spacious comparing the average hotel room size in hk. Room is well renovated. Room equipped with smart home system, you can use an iPad to control everything in room, like the lighting system, TV and air-con.

Minibar with 3 complimentary drinks, no room service, but you can easily find the vending machines at lobby that sell mostly all you need at reasonable prices!

Best part is room was the shower, they are using water therapy shower head that you can totally recharged after a long day!

Also tried mizutani, the Japanese restaurant on top floor, in-house guest can get a 20% off for all outlets. Mizutani omakase was amazing and very delicious!

My whole stay was taking care by Himson from front office, thanks for his hospitality, he always being polite, humble, being flexible for the arrangement throughout my stay, I enjoyed my stay very much, fully recovered! :)

Definitely will recommend my friends to stay at Alva, and I would like to try their suite next time! :)

Room tip: River view room for sure!
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2022

Dear Cecillia4travel

Thank you very much for your recent 4 days 3 nights stay at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL. Your very satisfied experience together with a 5 stars rating is truly appreciated.

Mizautani Japanese Restaurant team including chef and floor staff always strives for food & service excellence, and I'm so proud that they have outdone themselves, we are also glad that you named Himson at Front Office for his hospitality. Your kind words will be shared with all of them.
Thank you once again and we can't wait to welcome you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL soon!

Director of Operations ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 13 June 2022 via mobile

I’m very glad to have a new stay with my friends in Alva again. Alva is always on my list! Their swift and efficiency are always in my mind! When I stepped into the hotel entrance, I can feel the warm hospitality from the staff. Especially thanks Mr. Sammy Yip, who is the Director of Operations of the hotel, for his warm greeting and welcoming again! And I would like to thank the staff too. They arranged two rooms just next to both of us. Thanks for making us more convenient. Their facilities and entertainment are modern too! You can just easy to control the equipment within an iPad! So I’m highly recommend to those who are interested with. I would love to send all my praises to their efforts and dedicated. I can’t wait to stay with them again very soon!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Andy C
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2022

Dear Andy Chan

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and lovely photo with us online and the TripAdvisor community.
ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL is a hotel in a unique riverside location in Shatin. With lush green surroundings and smart user-friendly technology for guests’ comfort and wellness, ALVA invites modern travelers to explore a hidden gem in Hong Kong and experience a travel journey replete with relaxation and discovery.
Thanks again for your kind review and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon, do let us know if we can assist with any arrangements.

ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

Alva by Royal is one of favourite hotel in the past two years when I have to spend my holiday locally. Visited again early this month, staff and rooms are always up to standard and friendly. Bike rental is one of my favourite activities during my stay and is hard to find another hotel in Hk with such activity provided next to the bike trail.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2022

Dear Donald

We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful time in ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL.
Your commendation to staff is appreciated, and I have passed on your comments to our team.
Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,
ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 4 June 2022 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 months (2nd stay) and 9 months (1st stay). The fact that I came back again showed how much I liked about this hotel - clean and modern facilities, excellent services and green surroundings (quite rare in a city like Hong Kong). If you look for a long-term stay in a serviced apartment, Alva is a fantastic choice. Please look for Ms Apple Ng, who’s the sales manager supporting my stay. She’s absolutely service-oriented and professional.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear TC

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share this kind review after your recent repeated stay with ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL!
Your commendation to Ms. Apple Ng , our Assistant Director of Sales is appreciated, and I have passed on your comments to our team.
Thank you once again and we definitely can't wait to welcome you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL soon!

Director of Operations ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 3 June 2022

We got to know about the hotel through friends of ours who were going for their second stay at the hotel. Their raving review managed to convince us to try out the hotel ourselves.

PROS

The hotel is nicely located by the riverside and have a lovely panoramic view of Sha Tin and Ma On Shan from a distant. We had booked the river view room and requested for a high floor. The view of the river and the mountain in the background is really picturesque and calming. The hotel is also conveniently adjacent to YATA minimart where we got ourselves some instant food, drinks, and a bottle of wine.

The room is compact in size with a simplistic minimalist design. Not to mention impeccably clean. We appreciate the strong water pressure and good shower design. The smart TV was working perfectly with HD channels, though no CNN channel. :(

We utilised the free bicycles to cycle along the riverside until we reached Sha Tin, such a memorable experience.

The pool on the top floor is of a good size, and the perfect lookout spot for planes passing through in the sky.

We spent some time at the outdoor garden on Level 3. It’s a hidden gem and a very nice cozy place to chill and relax.

We ordered takeaways from the Chinese restaurant, and every dish was simply delicious.

Good sleeping experience. Plush pillows and duvets, soft linens, and comfortable mattress. We had to lower down the temperature though, because even 20 degrees felt a bit warm.

Breakfast was good with decent spread.

CONS

Location is not really accessible as they are not close to mtr station, so we decided to uber from home.

While we were advised to make bookings due to limited slot, we were surprised to see a huge crowd came in at the exact same time as us, so many that some didn’t even have a chair to put their belongings. Seems like there’s no crowd control almost.

The hotel need to get more English speaking staff on the floor as there seems to be limited number of them.

The bicycle though usable, they don’t look like very well maintained. Also, the hotel doesn’t provide maps for riders. That’s a real let down.

When we were about to collect our food from the Chinese restaurant, we were then told that one of the dishes is not available as they found out that the raw material is not fresh anymore, they suggested us to choose other dish. Mind you, this is after waiting for 1.5 hours for the food. We would appreciate an advance notice on this, not at the very last minute.

Despite all the setbacks, it’s a nice hotel to stay in. Overall, the hotel offers value and we really enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: Get the River View Room and request for high floor, it’s really lovely.
Date of stay: May 2022

Dear notyourcupoftea

Thanks for sharing your lovely experience after your recent stay at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL. Our heartfelt appreciation for your detailed review.
Please rest assured that we will take necessary steps to follow up on your highlighted points regarding our facilities, people and service. It is through the feedbacks from our guests that we are able to constantly improve our level of service and I would like to thank you again for bringing your experience to our attention.
Thank you very much again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.