14 people are viewing this hotel
US$82
Agoda.comUS$84
ExpediaUS$96
Hotels.comUS$96
All reviews shek mun river view dinner buffet apartment room duty manager foie gras swimming pool hotel facilities makes me feel free upgrade birthday celebration front desk staff sha tin long stay macaroons staycation experience front office
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 May 2022 via mobile

The stay was perfect. The staff were genuinely friendly and thoughtful. I want to give a shout out to the FO Kiu and Amy at the Health Club. Their dedicated services and heart warming welcome are very much appreciated. Many thanks!!!! Definitely will we return for a second trip.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

Dear chan t

Thank you for your recent stat at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL, it is great to learn that you had flawless journey.
Your commendation to front desk Kiu and Health Club Amy is appreciated, we are so proud that they had delivered dedicated service and heart warming service to our valuable guest. Your kind words to our professional and friendly team is a great encouragement, we will keep this us to impress all our guest.
Thank you very much again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2022 via mobile

I was delighted to have a warm greeting from the Front Desk lady, Fiona, who was friendly and efficient that completed the check in within 3mins. When I was confused to read the health declaration, Fiona explained about it thoroughly. Lady, Mandy who collected my room keys proactively when I was searching for the check out queue upon check out, also played a key role in enhancing my stay experience. Thank you for the hospitality you showed me.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2022

Dear Zojai

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and lovely photo with us online and the TripAdvisor community. I was delighted to read that numerous touchpoints from the beginning of your stay until departure left such a memorable impression! We do our utmost to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience which our team has achieved it.
Our front office staff including Fiona Chan our Senior Guest Experience Manager and Mandy our Front Desk Manager devoted themselves in serving all guests. Your kind compliment is the greatest encouragement to all of us.
We all look forward to your return again and again. Please visit our official website to discover the best offer.

ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 8 May 2022 via mobile

That’s the 4th times that I stayed at Alva in a year, everytimes was like a surprised, surprisingly good!

This time we celebrated our wedding anniversary with the kids, the senior manager Fiona had contacted me via email regarding the arrangement for the anniversary as well as the setting for the kids, since she was off the day we checked in, a duty manager Derek had a very warm welcome to us and told us about the arrangement! The staff make me feel very welcome for my every stays!

They had upgrade me to the suite which same as the stayed I had the very first time here, everything were just getting better as they even offered microwave and one extra little freezer for us! And of course the very nice decoration for our anniversary!

The pool was excellent as usual and the free bike ride was always a plus! Checked out process was smooth and the senior manager Fiona even had a warm farewell with us during check out!

I would say that this hotel even is not a 5 stars, but the services and amenities are definitely a 6 stars! We would definitely come back for other occasions!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2022

Dear kenji

Thank you very much for your repeated patronage and spending your anniversary celebrations in ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL. Your review and photos are encouraging. We are overjoyed that all our gestures and decorations impressed you and made your stay enjoyable and memorable.
The merit goes to our service team, who delivered extraordinarily friendly, helpful and top-notch service. Rest assured your compliment to Fiona and Derek will be shared with our staff. They will be thrilled to learn that our guest like you recognizes their efforts.
Needless to say, we all look forward to your return again and again. Please visit our official website to discover the best offer.

ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 4 May 2022 via mobile

The check in service was not done well and professional. When I arrived the hotel I told the receptionist I would like to have KB. She told me the room is not ready but twin beds is available. I replied her I don’t mind to wait until 1500 to pick up. When I back to reception counter again, the man given me the room but did not mention the room bedding so I expected they done and the staff also not reconfirm to me. When I entered the room, I’m so surprised the room is TWIN bed room. Are you kidding me? I’m waiting for 20 minutes but at the end they arrange like this. I immediately to go down and I ask them to arrange. However the staff did not apologize and told me the twin beds is upgrade to me. Come on I just need KB only. I’m very disappointed their service.
Beside the official check out time at 1100 is too early whether than most of the hotel in HK. Additionally the semi buffet is fine but the WiFi connection is weak to connect many times.

The authorization still pending in my account more than 10 days still not released. The hotel should follow up the cancellation of the guest. Although just a small amount to hold but I don’t think they did follow as other hotels they will complete within few days

Date of stay: April 2022
2  Thank ETNN9099
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2022

Dear ETNN9099

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent experience at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL.
We are concerned to learn about your experience, which was less than satisfactory. Please allow us to extend our apology on behalf of the staff for the shortcomings in our check in service and room assignment.
Please rest assured your feedback has been shared with our Front Office teams to ensure we always orchestrate a pleasant experience for our guests with attention to details, warmth and personal touch.
Thank you once again for sharing with us your review, as it is only through such valuable comments that we can improve our standard of service.
Despite the issues during your last visit, we hope you would give us the opportunity to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience.

Director of Operations ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 1 May 2022

It was an excellent and wonderful birthday vacation. Highly recommend couples to do a staycation (plus the must-try delicious buffet at Alva House and bike riding experience)

The view from the hotel room is amazing! We enjoy very much the view of the river side and mountain. The suite that we got upgraded was huge. Love the spacious living room with TV ( has movie channel ~). Modern design of the bathroom with good water pressure. Mini bar is included. The washing machine (with drying function) and the cleaning powder absolutely help!

We were lucky enough to get the bikes in the last minute to ride along the river side. This is a very leisure activity that I would suggest couples or families with kids to do. You can either do it in the bike riding park just opposite to the hotel. Or you can ride all the way to Tai Wai and Tai Po if you start earlier in the afternoon.

The hotel also has other facilities like the swimming pool and gym room. Don’t forget to drop by the garden at 3/f, a pet friendly garden to chill out.

The Alva house buffet is REMARKABLE. Finally we got to try after seeing a lot of good reviews /comment online. Wide varieties of seafood (oyster , crab , mussel, sashimi, etc), cooked food (foie gras)and dessert!! Although the restaurant was full house, you can still get the oyster in SUPER short time. That’s what I only concern ;). And they got some homemade gelato (lobster taste is fun to try). I think it provides good balance between seafood and cooked food. Anyway, my boyfriend and I enjoyed very much the buffet. And OpenRice offers the 20%discount off during our stay period.

Last but not least, the hotel staff are super nice and helpful. They help me to check the Alva house buffet availability when I wrote them an email for assistance. I am a last minutes fighter to arrange the birthday dinner but failed to got online reservations. The staff does not only help to get the seats but also gave us a surprise by upgrading the room with a lovely bday banner deco. So sweet!!

The overall experience is perfect and wonderful (it would be even more perfect if the bed can be bigger, haha) . I would definitely come back again for staycation.

Date of stay: April 2022

Dear Lee

Thank you dearly for the 5-star rating and for sharing such a wonderful review after your recent birthday stay at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL. We are so glad that you have a good experience in our facilities and restaurant. The merit goes to our service team, who deliver extraordinarily friendly, helpful and top-notch service and food.
Your kind words to our professional and friendly team is also a great encouragement, we will keep this us to impress all our guest.