Lowest prices for your stay
Klook
View deal
ExpediaUS$81
Trip.comUS$70
Hotels.comUS$81
All reviews shek mun river view dinner buffet apartment room duty manager foie gras swimming pool hotel facilities free upgrade birthday celebration front desk staff long stay staycation experience macaroons makes me feel front office late check
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2021 via mobile

Having a wonderful time here in Alva Hotel! Rooms are clean and spacious, various choice for breakfast buffet. Especially appreciate Hayden and Alfred from Front Desk for helping us while check in & check out. Their detailed explanation for the hotel facilities and shuttle services really impressed me! Also, Sunny from concierge who helping us for luggage storage is very kind and helpful! We will definitely come again and highly recommend Alva Hotel for family vacation.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2021

Dear Poon W

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and lovely photo with us online and the TripAdvisor community.
We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful time in ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL.
Your commendation to Alfred, Haydon and Sunny is appreciated and I have passed on your comments to our team.
Thanks again for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,
Director of Operations
ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 27 October 2021

Everytime I stay here I can truly relax and take a break. The design is clean, modern and comfortable with very lovely interior - even better than the other Marriott brand hotel in the area. Service is great, the staff are professional and friendly.

Dear Benjamin Man

Thank you very much for writing a review in this platform are thrilled to know that you have spent a relaxing break with us.
ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL is a hotel in a unique riverside location in Shatin. With lush green surroundings and smart user-friendly technology for guests’ comfort and wellness, ALVA invites modern travelers to explore a hidden gem in Hong Kong and experience a travel journey replete with relaxation and discovery.
Your kind words to our professional and friendly team is also a great encouragement, we will keep this us to impress all our guest.
Thank you very much again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Director of Operations

Reviewed 25 October 2021 via mobile

I am Ms. Tse, this is my first time stayed at Alva hotel for celebrate our anniversary I felt very satisfied the stayed and services of Alva hotel.
And I would like to say thank you to operator Joyce, I called to hotel third times before i check in, and all the calls was answered by her, to enquiry about the location of your hotel, the transportation nearby, the gym and swimming pool booking procedure, the rental service of bicycle, and the dinner buffet booking , she also helped me to book dinner buffet even though the buffet was fully book. She is very friendly, patient, proactively to answer all my questions. SHe is very professional and feel the five-star service experience.
I must come again in the future and will recommend to my friends.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Natalie T

Thank you very much for your support and share your feedback with us. I was delighted to read that numerous touchpoints from the beginning of your stay left such a memorable impression! We do our utmost to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience and I am delighted to know our team has achieved it.
Your compliments to Joyce in Call Centre is really encouraging. We will share with our service team as motivation.
It's been a pleasure serving you, Ms. Tse. We can't wait to welcome you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL for another occasion. Please visit our official website to discover the best offer.

Director of Operations ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 24 October 2021 via mobile

I am coming for celebration with my girlfriend this time and the main reason for choosing this hotel is the high opinions of the dinner buffet, but I never expected such a wonderful staying experience I’ve encountered afterwards.

First of all, I made the booking in the middle of August and I contacted hotel weeks later for a few enquiries. Fiona Chan / Duty Manager answered all my enquiries in details with her patience, thoughtful and truly congrats for our celebration. During the conversation, she was aware of my plan for swimming after breakfast on the departure date, she immediately help me to reserve the swimming pool and even proactively offer me a late check-out which makes us have sufficient time to refresh and tidy up before departure. What a considerate arrangement!

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Toni / Concierge at the lobby shortly. Toni is very funny and we have a nice chat while waiting for check-in. Then we were checked-in by the receptionist who is friendly, efficient and professional. And I was told that our room was upgraded to a suite for our celebration which surprised us a lot.

The room is spacious and spotless clean with stunning river view. Using iPad to control all the electric devices, facilities and lighting in room. Much appreciated to arrange this luxurious suite for us. But the surprise doesn’t come to an end. While I stepped into the bedroom, I found there was lovely special decoration was set up on the bed and the TV cabinet, meanwhile someone rang my bell and sent us the “Macaroon Tree” as welcome amenities. That really makes our trip unforgettable !!!

The dinner buffet is one of the finest I’ve enjoyed. Variety of selections, delicious and severed with quality foods. The environment is comfortable with great services as well. Even though we are coming with relatively high expectations but it really didn’t disappoint us at all.

The Fitness room is adequate and well equipped along with the swimming pool which is located on rooftop with gorgeous view.

Upon departure, Toni recognize me immediately in the lobby and enquired me about my stay as well as direct me the way to the free shuttle to city centre.

I wanna give a big thanks to Fiona in person, I keep searching her in the lobby but I later known from reception she is in overnight shift. Hopefully I can meet her in person in near future.

Apart from mentioned staff, you can also see managers & lobby greeters station at the lobby and all of them are willing to provide assistance and big welcome for every single guest. You will definitely feel the attentive & heartfelt services during your stay here. Highly recommended !!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Kelvin C

Thank you very much for your recent stay at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL, we are so glad that we have made your celebration stay so delightful.
Apart from our modern and cozy accommodation, our front office staff including Fiona Chan our Guest Experience Manager devoted herself in serving all guests, Fiona and her team always demonstrate the highest level of customer service. Your kind compliment is the greatest encouragement to all of us.

Thanks again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you in the not distant future, please visit our website to explore the great value staycation package.

Director of Operations ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL

Reviewed 24 October 2021 via mobile

The location had kind staff and a clean and sanitary environment. Concierge Toni helped my luggages & restaurant information and he is an excellent concierge. He is professional, extremely good at his job, knowledgeable, and is a very kind person.
The room is clean and housekeeping & operator staff all friendly and polite. Definitely will go back again!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends