9 people are viewing this hotel
US$61
ExpediaUS$70
Booking.comUS$70
travelup.comUS$97
All reviews shek mun river view foie gras japanese grocery store big round of applause sony tv room technology staff called high tech sha tin birthday staycation free upgrade dinner buffet late check very pleasant stay front desk staff front office
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel service has a great quality, both because of its comfortable and appropriate facilities, as well as service and constant concern for our comfort. Especially for being aware of our requirements.

Thanks to Fiona Chan that made our stay a good time, comforting and secure. We are sure that we will go back to your hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Candy

Thank you for taking your precious time to share such a wonderful review with us. I'm thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL.
The Guest Experience Manager Fiona always strives for service excellence, and I'm so proud that she has outdone herself again. Your kind words will be shared with her and the team.

Thanks again for your recommendations and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon, do let us know if we can assist with any arrangements.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is a brand new hotel in NT, Room is new and clean, the view is also great as it is the tallest building in that area. Swimming pool is on the top, but it is very crowded in weekend. Front desk is polite but robotic, basic service provided but do not expect a step forward.

Date of stay: May 2021

Dear bari_ttc

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your review with ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL. Our modern and cozy accommodation are well-liked by guests.
We also taken note of your valuable comment related to service at front desk, politeness is only one of the cores, while we should more personalized and attentive, our Front Office Manager will conduct training to ensure we can step forward to ensure guests’ satisfaction.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon, do let us know if we can assist with any arrangements.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a pleasant hotel experience at Alva! Everything was quite modern probably because it was just recently built. The room was very clean and lightings and TV were controlled by the iPad which I find very convenient!

All information about hotel facilities, restaurants and shuttle bus service can be found on this iPad device, so make sure to take a look at it!

Swimming pool was absolutely stunning! They really sold me out on this one! They had the right ambience, pool lighting and music! All great selection which really made it one of the best, if not, the best pool so far from all my visits of hotel! Fitness centre staff was really friendly!

Just a comment would be on the choices of lighting in room: I could only switch on/off master lights and reading lights. I wanted to only switch on the headboard lights in bedroom as I wanted a low light setting but it didn't allow me to, could consider adjusting the lightings configuration on iPad :)

Thanks Alva! Will definitely consider coming back!

Room tip: Queen Size Beds

Dear Japes

Thank you very much for writing a review in this platform are thrilled to know that you have spent a relaxing stay with us.
ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL is a hotel in a unique riverside location in Shatin. With lush green surroundings and smart user-friendly technology for guests’ comfort and wellness, ALVA invites modern travelers to explore a hidden gem in Hong Kong and experience a travel journey replete with relaxation and discovery.
Your comment in the lighting system is appreciated, we will look into the possibility to have a mood lighting system to enhance guests’ experience.
Thank you very much again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Director of Operations

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would like to say thank you to your frontdesk/concierge staff Jackie on behalf of my family. Jackie shows his kindness,helpful,passion to us while my mother sits on the wheelchair tonight at Alva House. He proactively assisted my parents to take some photos at lobby as well as suggested them to take a seat or he could help on assist them to go to outdoor for some fresh air if they would like to. My parents feel so warm about Jackies mindful thought to them. We feel so happy every time we came over as your team always provide their great service to customers. Appreciate you have a great team here. Thank you so much.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Terri

Thank you very much for your support and share your feedback with us. I delighted to read that numerous touchpoints of your stay left such a memorable impression! We do our utmost to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience and I am delighted to know our team has achieved it.
Your compliments to Jackie in Concierge is really encouraging. We will share with our service team as motivation.
It's been a pleasure serving you. We can't wait to welcome you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL for another occasion. Please visit our official website to discover the best offer.

Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

A very nice hotel, clean and spacious, relaxing environment, provides variety of activities and dining experiences, friendly and helpful staffs, either from front desk, concierge or restaurants. Especially thanks to Chris Ho from Alva House, professional and make people feel welcome.

A hotel worth to try, definitely will stay again and recommend to friends.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Alan T

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation and extraordinary review for ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL! We are more than delighted to read that you find our amenities and staff excellent!
Your generous words give us joy and motivation to continue to go above and beyond for our guests. I am sure our staff members would be gleaming with happiness when they read this, especially Chris Ho at Alva House!