9 people are viewing this hotel
US$61
ExpediaUS$70
Booking.comUS$70
travelup.comUS$97
All reviews shek mun river view foie gras japanese grocery store big round of applause sony tv room technology staff called high tech sha tin birthday staycation free upgrade dinner buffet late check very pleasant stay front desk staff front office
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would like to say thank you to your frontdesk/concierge staff Jackie on behalf of my family. Jackie shows his kindness,helpful,passion to us while my mother sits on the wheelchair tonight at Alva House. He proactively assisted my parents to take some photos at lobby as well as suggested them to take a seat or he could help on assist them to go to outdoor for some fresh air if they would like to. My parents feel so warm about Jackies mindful thought to them. We feel so happy every time we came over as your team always provide their great service to customers. Appreciate you have a great team here. Thank you so much.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Terri

Thank you very much for your support and share your feedback with us. I delighted to read that numerous touchpoints of your stay left such a memorable impression! We do our utmost to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience and I am delighted to know our team has achieved it.
Your compliments to Jackie in Concierge is really encouraging. We will share with our service team as motivation.
It's been a pleasure serving you. We can't wait to welcome you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL for another occasion. Please visit our official website to discover the best offer.

Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

A very nice hotel, clean and spacious, relaxing environment, provides variety of activities and dining experiences, friendly and helpful staffs, either from front desk, concierge or restaurants. Especially thanks to Chris Ho from Alva House, professional and make people feel welcome.

A hotel worth to try, definitely will stay again and recommend to friends.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Alan T

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation and extraordinary review for ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL! We are more than delighted to read that you find our amenities and staff excellent!
Your generous words give us joy and motivation to continue to go above and beyond for our guests. I am sure our staff members would be gleaming with happiness when they read this, especially Chris Ho at Alva House!
Thank you very much again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2021

This was the second time for me to stay at Alva. During the check in, I filled out a form which mentioned this stay was to celebrate my birthday. The receptionist offered me a disabled room, she mentioned the room was bigger and the only different between the standard room and the disabled room was the washroom - there was a handrail near the toilet. She highly recommended this room as it was at high floor. I checked in at around 2ish, a bit earlier than the normal check in time. The receptionist said this was the only queen size bedroom at that time. If I didn’t take this, I would need to wait or she could only offer me a twin bed room.

However I heard another 2 x couples checking in next to me, they could be offered the standard queen size bed.

Since I didn’t want to wait so I took the disabled room, but the bathroom facilities are far more different from what the receptionist mentioned. It was just like in the hospital.

I didn’t feel good about this as I chose Alva to celebrate my birthday. Didn’t the receptionist feel it was not good to offer a disabled room to a guest who came to celebrate birthday while there was other standard rooms available?? And, the bathroom was totally different from the standard one, not only with a handrail near the toilet. The receptionist was not being honest to tell the truth.

I then called the operator to ask for a room changed. When the operator asked me the reason of changing room, I just directly said I really didn’t feel good to spend a night in that room.

The operator / front desk team was efficient to have a room change for me in less than 10 minutes. I was offered a queen size bedroom with better view, most importantly it was not a disabled room.

The overall experience was good except for the receptionist offered me a disabled room on my birthday stay. All the staff were polite and efficient, my room was clean . The peach / sea urchin afternoon tea was just so-so but the breakfast was quite good, it had a wide variety.

Dear Susan

Thank you very much for your second stay at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL and appreciated your comment.
Regarding the reception check in experience, we are sorry for failing to meet your expectations on this occasion. We assure you that your feedback has been addressed to our concerned departments for immediate improvement.
Thanks again for your review and comment. We look forward to welcoming you in the not distant future, please visit our website to explore the great value accommodation package and drop us a note at info@alva.com.hk, we shall be pleased to arrange the best accommodation for you.

Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

I was staying at this hotel on 14 -16/5. The front office staff who checked-in for me was ver polite and cheerful. The room is spacious and clean and I could feel the air in room is clean too. I could use an iPad to control all the devices in room, which is very convenience, as I did not need to get off the bed to switch the stuffs off. In the afternoon, I would like to have a welcome at the lounge, however, it was always full. For me, I really understood all the people in hk would like to have staycation in weekend, so the hotels are always full. If I could have alternative place to have a drink and chill, my staying would be more than perfect.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2021

Dear andersonho08

Greetings from ALVA HOTEL BY ROAYL!
We are absolutely thrilled by your five stars review after your stay! And so glad that you love our spacious accommodation and cheerful staff.
Friendly staff, lovely river view and spacious accommodation are our well-known features, young and energetic staff, delicious cuisines and high-tech equipment including the iPad in room control system added the value. Surely ALVA HOTEL is one of the greatest choices for a staycation.
Thanks again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you in the not distant future, please contact us again to explore the great value accommodation package.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

The buffet in the afternoon has many varieties, good tastes and high standards. The room is clean but the space is relatively small and there is no bathtub. During the stay, the side of the toilet door suddenly fell off, which was a bit thrilling...but the maintenance staff immediately completed the repair, satisfied! In addition, I want to say that the cleaning staff on the 20th floor are very professional and courteous. They smile often and look comfortable. Finally, please note that the elevator card sensor is not sensitive enough!

Date of stay: August 2021

Dear Alex

Thank you for sharing your generous compliments on TripAdvisor about your recent birthday stay experience at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL!
It makes us so happy to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We always do our very best to ensure our guests are well taken care of. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
We have however taken note of the condition of our facilities and elevator sensor; our maintenance staff will upkeep the standard.
Thank you once again and we definitely can't wait to welcome you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL soon!