5 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$7
ExpediaUS$51
FindHotelUS$48
Booking.comUS$53
All reviews foie gras big round of applause sony tv shek mun room technology high tech river view sha tin birthday staycation dinner buffet very pleasant stay front office late check convenient store front desk staff macaroons swimming pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Just spent 2 nights in the hotel. The hotel and rooms are quite new, pool is nice and have thermostat. But food at breakfast just so so with very limited choices, while staffs are not as proactive. For example, the pool has restriction on number of people and a long waiting list, this was not mentioned at all during check in. When we want to go to the restaurant, we were told all tables have been reserved, but we found out the tables have been empty after 45mins as we picked up our takeaway.

I have also stayed in the Courtyard hotel in the area, while it is not as new and pool not as nice, but the location is more relaxing, breakfast a lot better and better services.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear JohnsonLeung

Thank you very much for your two nights stay at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL and your review. We are delighted to know that you find our guestrooms are new and the pool is good.
In regards to the service of the pool and restaurant, we are sorry for failing to meet your expectations on this occasion. We assure you that your feedback has been addressed to our concerned departments for immediate improvement.
We truly appreciated your review and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit soon.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We had a very lovely stay in the Alva Hotel! The room was fabulous, very clean and luxurious. We pool was observing the one third capacity booking system which worked perfectly and we had a full 45-minutes swim with just ten other lovely guests! We had a very small issue with breakfast which Jenny resolved beautifully and with no fuss...thank you so much Jenny! Everything felt very Covid safe...the cutlery in the restaurant was even wrapped in cling film! This is a great hotel...you should stay here!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear CHARLEEMC

Thank you very much for staying with us at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL and for taking the time to share your generous compliments on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, appreciated the staying and swimming experience and our service, highlighted Jenny who is our reception manager, her professionalism will be the model of our service personnel, sure this will be shouted out.
We greatly appreciate your patronage and your recommendation. My colleagues and I look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you back to ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 days ago

I had Business Trip last March 1 to April 3, 2021. Very comfortable and unforgettable stay to this hotel, all staffs are very accomodating, (laundrette) self service laundry by the hotel was very great as well no hassle for your clothes laundry needs, if you are planning for a long stay. Alva Hotel also consider my request to have a early breakfast since my flight was early in the morning 4am, the hotel breakfast serve 7am to 10am only, they provided a huge breakfast that makes me full before leaving in the morning. Special thanks to Ms. Perman Chik, a very accomodating manager she provided a very untiring support on my needs during my long stay. I will definitely back to this hotel for my business trip again very soon.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Kevin,

How much we are blessed to learn that you have an enjoyable business trip at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL! To cater for the need of our long staying guest, apart from spacious accommodations, we have self-coin operated washers and dryers, we are glad that you found them useful during your stay.
Buffet breakfast is one of the famous features in ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL with ranges of selections and tastes, we also offer takeaway service to our guests who need to depart earlier than scheduled opening hours.
Ms Perman Chik is our sales executive, she will be thrilled to know that her service and support met your expectation, rest assure this will shared with our team for her good work.
Thanks again for staying with us and your accommodation, we can’t wait to welcoming back soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Really had a unforgettable experience in this hotel. The staffs are so nice especially a staff called Alfred . He helped me to called taxi several times and introduced some good restaurant and nice sightseeing places. His helpful hand and genuine advices makes me feel warm. I will come back to this hotel again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Kaylin C
Thank you for taking your valuable time to share such a 5 stars review with us. I'm thrilled that you had an unforgettable experience at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL. Our modern and cosy accommodation are well-liked by guests. Together with our helpful and polite team, it added merit to your experience.
Alfred and his team always strive for service excellence, and I'm so proud that they have outdone themselves again. Your kind words will definitely be shared with them.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon, do let us know if we can assist with any arrangements.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited and stayed over at Alva every week since September.
On 26/3 I checked in late 2100, the front desk staff was so rude,the attitude let me feel take the room and leave . Please show more respect

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Angus P
Thank you very much for your continuous support and for taking the time to share feedback after your recent stay with ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL.
We are deeply concerned that in the first impression, we had fallen short of your expectation. I have taken this opportunity to share your comment with the team so that we can look into this, as we continuously endeavour to provide good service and facilities for our guests.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable visit.