6 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$7
ExpediaUS$51
FindHotelUS$48
Booking.comUS$53
All reviews foie gras big round of applause sony tv shek mun room technology high tech river view sha tin birthday staycation dinner buffet very pleasant stay front office late check convenient store front desk staff macaroons swimming pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 days ago

I had Business Trip last March 1 to April 3, 2021. Very comfortable and unforgettable stay to this hotel, all staffs are very accomodating, (laundrette) self service laundry by the hotel was very great as well no hassle for your clothes laundry needs, if you are planning for a long stay. Alva Hotel also consider my request to have a early breakfast since my flight was early in the morning 4am, the hotel breakfast serve 7am to 10am only, they provided a huge breakfast that makes me full before leaving in the morning. Special thanks to Ms. Perman Chik, a very accomodating manager she provided a very untiring support on my needs during my long stay. I will definitely back to this hotel for my business trip again very soon.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Kevin,

How much we are blessed to learn that you have an enjoyable business trip at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL! To cater for the need of our long staying guest, apart from spacious accommodations, we have self-coin operated washers and dryers, we are glad that you found them useful during your stay.
Buffet breakfast is one of the famous features in ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL with ranges of selections and tastes, we also offer takeaway service to our guests who need to depart earlier than scheduled opening hours.
Ms Perman Chik is our sales executive, she will be thrilled to know that her service and support met your expectation, rest assure this will shared with our team for her good work.
Thanks again for staying with us and your accommodation, we can’t wait to welcoming back soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Really had a unforgettable experience in this hotel. The staffs are so nice especially a staff called Alfred . He helped me to called taxi several times and introduced some good restaurant and nice sightseeing places. His helpful hand and genuine advices makes me feel warm. I will come back to this hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Kaylin C
Thank you for taking your valuable time to share such a 5 stars review with us. I'm thrilled that you had an unforgettable experience at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL. Our modern and cosy accommodation are well-liked by guests. Together with our helpful and polite team, it added merit to your experience.
Alfred and his team always strive for service excellence, and I'm so proud that they have outdone themselves again. Your kind words will definitely be shared with them.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon, do let us know if we can assist with any arrangements.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited and stayed over at Alva every week since September.
On 26/3 I checked in late 2100, the front desk staff was so rude,the attitude let me feel take the room and leave . Please show more respect

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Angus P
Thank you very much for your continuous support and for taking the time to share feedback after your recent stay with ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL.
We are deeply concerned that in the first impression, we had fallen short of your expectation. I have taken this opportunity to share your comment with the team so that we can look into this, as we continuously endeavour to provide good service and facilities for our guests.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a stylish and cozy hotel !!!
The room is spacious , neat and modern. Would like to name the front desk staff Erica, she is professional and polite , she upgraded a nicer room for us as it is our Anniversary . Unfortunately, that room was too smelly, maybe the previous guest smoke in the room , then she promptly changed another river view room for us , thank you so much Erica!
The room is so well equipped with iPad , USB plug, the TV can be connected to your mobile except Netflix . The hotel is so sweet ,each room with two foam pillows set up which was added value to my stay. They provided filtered shampoos and soap dispensers and I like your well water station which located on each floor , appreciate your effort to save our planet!!!!

One thing would like to point out is the drainage clogged in shower room , it seemed quite serious, my husband just took around 5 mins shower , the shower room already fully filled with water, and soon, it spread out to the toilet area. It was a bit late , we don’t wanna bother your team and change room again . I have to wait around 20 mins till the water ponding disappeared , then my turn to take shower , which was a bit annoying. We did report the case to yr staff upon check out , she was nice and extended apologies immediately.

Other than that, overall are good ! Can’t wait to be back and try your apartment next time !

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sammy Yip, Other at Alva Hotel by Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Celia377

Thanks for your recent visit and “Nice stay” review. ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL is so glad that you have selected us to celebrate your Anniversary and overall the experience was good.

Thank you very much for your applause to our front desk associate Erica who practised our service motto “We care, we deliver”, such commendation would be the driving force for us to pursuit service excellence. Your support to our environmental measures including the amenities and “Well” water station is also appreciated.
We have also taken note of your comment of the unpleasant odor and drainage clogging problem. We shall work this out with our Housekeeping and Engineering team to ensure guests’ comfort at all time.
Thanks again for your review and comment. We look forward to welcoming you in the not distant future, please visit our website to explore the great value accommodation package and drop us a note at info@alva.com.hk, we shall be pleased to arrange the best accommodation for you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good location as bus stop is at the entrance. Many restaurants near MTR station . It's fun to ride the bicycle along the river where is opposite the hotel. Also , we got an upgrade in our room. Their breakfast buffet is great too.

Dear Rita

Thanks for your recent stay with ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL, cannot agree more with the title of the review.
Our hotel is in a unique riverside location in Shatin. With lush green surroundings and smart user-friendly technology for guests’ comfort and wellness, ALVA invites all travellers to use our free on loan bike to explore the area. We are so glad that you had a fun ride, and afterwards the breakfast is great.
We look forward to welcoming you in the not distant future, please contact us again to explore the great value accommodation package.