Lowest prices for your stay
HK$657
Hotels.com
Earn rewards on eligible stays
Expedia
HK$532
Earn rewards for every stay
LaurentCL2
Alassio, Italy
Hostel for hippies
Review of Hop Inn
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Mar 2020
Correspondence with Hop Inn was great. Check-in was OK. When you ask what you can visit or do at night since it's your first time, you get a map but no advice.
The place looks like a hostels for young hippies.
The bedroom? Oh well...it looks like a kid's room with paintings on walls full of damages that fortunately the paint covers. The room stinks like mildew because a smell comes from the pipes in the bathroom. I's terrible!
Regarding the bedding, the bed is 1,90 from wall to wall. I doubt that the sheets were fresh but if they were, the smell and stains didn't give me that impression.
The bathroom is "practical", the shower curtain is too short at the bottom and the floor gets wet everywhere. The fixtures are completely outdated and the shower head doesn't hang on the wall once you turn on the water.
Besides, at the time of check-in, I wasn't told to turn on the switch for the boiler.
Check-out time at 10am and no one at the reception.
Date of stay: March 2020
9.3 km from Hop Inn
The Pool at the Regal Riverside Hotel
9.7 km from Hop Inn
View more hotels in Hong Kong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2020

I understand the politics about the cancelations but now we have a global emergency and you doesn´t want to cancel my reservation with out penalties, it´s unpleasant to your part, you are unconsciousness

Room tip: This hostel is unconsciousness
Date of stay: February 2020
5  Thank ivan g
Reviewed 6 February 2020

I had to cancel because my flight got cancelled because of the corona virus. Booked for 3 nights. The hostel didn't do anything to help me, they only wanted my money, and I didn't get any refund, eventhough I cancelled 5 days after booking and more then a month before my stay. Worst service I ever got! Do not stay here, this place is only after your money!!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank lunc177
Reviewed 3 December 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in a double room. It was clean and perfect for our needs.
The reception personnel were fantastic regarding the riots, they pointed out no go areas for the day and they made our trip go smoothly.
The communal room was cosy and welcoming and had lots of books, maps, fridge , free water etc.
If looking for a hostel then definitely recommend taking a look at the hop inn.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tuttermagoo
Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

We have recently just left Hop Inn after a week's stay. The staff were friendly, security was good and the roof top terrace was lovely. A little lacking in atmosphere perhaps but as I travelled with my partner, that wasn't a huge issue for us.

The location is perfect though. Just off from the Nathan Road, it's a short walk from the harbour and Jordan. Loads of food options around and just across the street from the famous Mammy Pancake.

Room and bed are a little small but from what I can gather, that is pretty much Hong Kong standard.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank xangelinex
Reviewed 22 October 2019

On the whole the overall stay at Hop Inn was pleasant. It had all and what I expected. Fortunately I decided to book the twin room for myself, it would be a little bit of a squeeze if there was another person in the room.

I particularly enjoyed the roof top garden, very nice plants; and I appreciated the security (in the evenings the door to the cluster of rooms would be locked and only accessible with your keycard).

The different persons at the reception and the cleaners were nice and friendly.

On the downside,
The room is definitely small, and the bath area as well.

The No "toilet roll" in the toilet is kinda confusing ( I have been to places whereby we cannot throw the toilet paper in the toilet as the sewage for the city is old and causes toilets to choke), I did feedback to Hop Inn on this.

It would have been nice if the replies about the current situation in Hong Kong were a bit more comforting (less rigid), given the current protest (but it is really not a big deal, it was not rude or anything)

Date of stay: October 2019