“Omasake dinner at Murasaki”
Review of Dining at Murasaki

Dining at Murasaki
Reserve with Chope
Dining at Murasaki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,291 of 11,950 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$26 - US$192
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: At "Dining at MURASAKI" we fuse French and Japanese influences to provide our guests with a dining experience like no other. We’ve carefully handpicked every aspect of our restaurant, from the elegant decor that brings together the old with the new, to the ingredients that go into our dishes at our kitchen.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Friends gathering Dinner at Murasaki on Friday night. We choose omakase for around $1100/person (discounted price).
The environment and service are good, all plated are beautifully, a brief introduction will be made when serving. Omakade set including: appetizers, steamed egg custard, 7 type of sahimi, 7 types of sushi + already-cured and marinated salmon roe with urchin on rice on side, Toro with red onion tempura hand roll was so good with nice crush( forgot to take a pic). The dessert lime sorbet was my favorite.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent ambience, excellent menu selection, excellent food quality & presentation, excellent service too! Very much value for money too. Not a single negative comment! Excellent!!!! Def will go back!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I had my first omakase in my life and it was the most enjoyable dining experience. Not only the food was value for money but also the deco is so romantic. You should go with friends or your loved ones!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Good Japanese fine dining, the Tasting Menu was excellent and beautifully presented.
However, the service was quite disappointing : slow and messy, very nice but confused staff, and not announcing properly the dishes, which is the minimum to have for this type of dining.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 March 2018

This is the first time that I have made adverse comments on a reputable restaurant. It was lunch hour and I made a casual order - marinated cod, which is an ordinary choice on a Japanese menu. For reasons unknown to me, it took 40 minutes for the dish to arrive after I checked with the waiters three times. On the 1st occasion, I was told it would be ready in a few minutes. At last I asked if it would be quicker if I changed my choice to grilled eel rice. The restaurant's reply was that I would still need to wait as they would have to grill it. Does it not make good sense for a Japanese restaurant situated in a business district to prepare common orders (e.g. marinated cod, eel rice) before a customer makes a real order? Finally, the waitress simply put down the dish in my seat without an apology. The way the restaurant handled the whole incident was hugely disappointing and annoying.
P.S. When we asked for our bill, it came in less than a minute - it really amuses me that this is the part that Murasaki can manage most efficiently!!!!

Date of visit: March 2018