“Amazing Sushi Omakase”

Dining at Murasaki
Ranked #872 of 8,210 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$26 - US$192
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: At "Dining at MURASAKI" we fuse French and Japanese influences to provide our guests with a dining experience like no other. We’ve carefully handpicked every aspect of our restaurant, from the elegant decor that brings together the old with the new, to the ingredients that go into our dishes at our kitchen.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Sushi Omakase”
Reviewed 17 March 2017

We had a fantastic dinner at Dining at Murasaki last week. We were seated on the sushi counter and it was a great experience. We watched the sushi chef prepared each sashimi and sushi in front of us while explaining the concept behind each dish. you can tell the restaurant has spend a lot of effort to select the best fish in town as the quality of ingredients is unrivalled in Hong Kong.

• Visited March 2017
1 Thank marcel82792

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
“Great place for lunch!”
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Fell in love with Dining at Murasaki's interior, service and food! Prices for their dinner degustation menu may be a little steep at HKD$1280 per person, but their prices for lunch is very very reasonable, and worth every penny spent.

Highly recommend their Sashimi 9 kinds for lunch, portion is generous with Grade A sashimi served. Will be back!

• Visited December 2016
1 Thank PJtrips
Hong Kong, China
“Hugely overpriced with patchy service”
Reviewed 15 February 2017

I booked a table but was not told that we would be sat in the 'VIP' room. This private room felt rather awkward for just the two of us as we were sat at a large table good for six in a room that felt like a large and soulless meeting room with only three other guests on another table. As a private room this may be great but not when it is just two of you. We should have been told immediately on booking that this would be the case. Thankfully the staff did manage to reseat us in the main restaurant after 15 minutes or so. The main restaurant feels much better but was very cold. After 45 mins we had been presented with only water and a bread roll. As it was 14th Feb we had to have the set menu which again I was not told about when booking. The food was good but not great. Some of the staff were fantastic but it was a rather erratic and slow service. We ordered a bottle of wine for about $650 HKD along with another two glasses of wine at $118 each. Total bill came in at $4500. Wow, again... it would have been nice if they had informed me of the set menu (no choice) and pricing when I booked. It is trying to be high-end but misses the mark by some margin and yet charges the high-end price despite this.

• Visited February 2017
2 Thank Nrch1
England, United Kingdom
“Purple romance”
Reviewed 13 February 2017

After seeing this delicious dish posted by PJ Moments I had to go and try it.
The dish I was after is available during lunch so went for lunch.

Dining at Muraski is spacious and has lots of tables with good privacy.
There is also a private room that can host lots of people as well.

For the lunch set, you get salad, steamed egg, mains, rice, pickles and dessert.

Started with salad which was crisp and sweet with a mix of greens.
The steamed egg was tasty crammed with lots of seafood topped with pretty salmon roe.
Personally I am not a fan of Japanese steamed egg but the one here was the best I have ever tried.

For the soup, it was red miso which is my favourite because it has a strong smell and miso taste.
Moving on to the Murasaki Chirashi, it looked just exactly like the photos, topped with uni, salmon roe, cucumber and egg.
The best thing is that it comes with a side of crispy sakura shrimps which have been roasted in the oven so it has a super crispy texture.
The rice gives you ricegasm without the crispy shrimps but when you add them, the flavour comes out even more and you can't stop eating it.
I wish there was more crispy shrimps!!
But anyway, the salmon roe, uni, crispy shrimps and cucumber just taste amazing together with the rice.
We also shared the sashimi which was fresh and delicious.
The lunch came with mango sorbet which was a sweet ending but we also had the highly recommended popping candy which was crazily delicious.
I was literally expect popping candy but it was Mandarin, lychee and guava pearls with pear brandy jelly and peach crushed ice with rice soup poured on it.
The pearls pop in your mouth with this heavenly liquid. The lychee and mandarin were my favourite and all the elements were not too sweet.

• Visited February 2017
2 Thank Supersupergirl L
Hong Kong
“Very high quality Japanese French Hybrid Tasting Menu!”
Reviewed 1 December 2016

I was here for company's manager dinner, our bosses have booked their VIP room that sits 24 and was generous enough to treat each and everyone of us their signature 'Murasaki Omakase' menu that costs at HK$1,288 per person. At first, the prices seem steep, but once we finished our meal, we all agree that the experience worth every penny spent. Will definitely go back again with my family to celebrate the upcoming festive seasons.

Highly recommend their Abalone Stone Rice and their Iberico Pork Pluma. What surprises me most is their dessert, very creative and yet extremely tasty.

• Visited November 2016