3,289 results
All reviews convention center harbour view dynasty restaurant the concierge lounge wan chai mtr station covered walkway business hotel club level easy access lobby bar breakfast buffet business trip high floor the star ferry terminal fantastic hotel convenient location airport express
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

The hotel greets you with the typical renaissance aroma and you know you are "home" and you will be looked after.

Location is excellent just off the ferry port and close to wanchai station.

From concierge to housekeeping there wasn't anything to complain about.

I would like to express my special thanks to benjamin tai from F&B who was super helpful with special requests I had and also jane cheung from front desk who was VERY professional and helpful helping me out.

All in all one of my favourites. Thanks benjamin and jane

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Renaissance H, General Manager at Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2016

Dear MJG76

Your kind remarks about our fabulous ambassadors – Benjamin Tai and Jane Cheung are highly appreciated. We share these throughout the hotel as the examples of great hospitality and guest engagement.

We are glad to be your home away home and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Coming here as a Hotel GM myself my expectations were high and has been matched. The rooms present themselves well and all is looked after. The friendliness of all staff is outstanding, especially at breakfast and Housekeeping.
The FO Department runs very smooth and there attention to detail is what you expect in this kind of hotel.
The drawers in the rooms are integrated in the interior in such a way that you will be treasure hunting if you looking for one. The second door leading into the sleeping room makes no sense as it blocks the Wardrobe when open and when closed makes the room look smaller, and the rooms are small already. But as I say, it does not take away from the charm of this Hotel.
Great Breakfast Buffet with friendly people, the chef even explaining the dish I had no glue of. The pastry chef walking around offering sweets freshly out of the oven or to prevent to much waste just before breakfast ends. In both ways a good idea.
Housekeeping Department absolutely great and perhaps the best I ever experienced. Friendly, cheerful, smiling. 31st Floor crew needs an award.

Here comes the only thing I didn't understand. As my wife checking out late I wanted to extend for one night. A few calls brought no clarification on the price and I wondered if the rooms will be sold after 10 pm (Check out was 930 pm). Two calls and two different Prices of anywhere between 220 - 375 US$. I went online and found 140 US$ at Shangri La, with free late checkout. Colleague Rate for working in the same business segment.

Anyways, I recommend this hotel to any traveller as it is very well operated, clean and friendly. And as a definite must........go to the lobby in the evening with good singer and piano. Thank you to everyone making my stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: Try a high room facing the Harbour, but expect noise from construction
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear DirkWSKubitschek

Thank you for your valuable feedback on our room design which shall be retained for future renovation considerations. We are glad that you enjoyed our great buffet breakfast and the friendly and warm ambassador service. Kindly contact us at rhi.hkghv.executive.office@renaissancehotels.com and we would be glad to explain the rates quoted.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

The rooms are very nice and so is the view over the Victoria Harbor. The outdoor pool on the 11th floor is heated so you can use it in the winter as well.
The breakfast buffet is worth the money, fresh juices, fresh fruit, western style breakfast as well as typical asian food

Room Tip: Direct harbor view
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear Carolin J

Thank you for your kind comment about our hotel facilities and spectacular Victoria Harbour view.

We are glad that you enjoyed the Buffet breakfast at the Cafe Renaissance.

Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Didn't have a good experience during my previous visit in 2013 and this time, it was better

Check-in was quick and there were no lines. Got a room on the high floor with lounge access. The room is smallish but ok. Unfortunately no shower stall but the bathtub with smelly shower curtain. The phone remains for non-business use without speaker function . However there is a pair of binoculars by the window in case one wants to enjoy the Harbour view or pretend to be James Bond

Didn't have time for gym this time

Good location via a short connected walk to wanchai mtr

Will stay here next time and longer to experience more

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear bcheong

Your kind understanding about the room size is greatly appreciated. We are sorry to learn about the curtain smell, quality training has been reinforced for the Housekeeping Team. Kindly contact us at rhi.hkghv.executive.office@renaissancehotels.com so that we can update our record to arrange a guestroom with shower stall for your future visits.

We hope otherwise you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

The location is great and if you have other than foggy days the view can be great from harbor view rooms. The club lounge is ok though it is split into three levels so not suited to those averse to stairs. The rooms are on the small side but quiet and comfortable. No tub to deal with instead a great walk in shower Newspapers usually arrive but sometimes not till one is on the way off to your 8 am meeting. Service is willing and offering a free pressing for ones suit on arrival is a nice touch. Breakfast in the lounge is good and ample though mostly western.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear Lewis H

We regret to learn about the delay in newspapers delivery, quality training has been reinforced for the Concierge Team. Your kind understanding regarding the room size is highly appreciated.

Please be informed that we also have guest rooms equipped with bathtubs available. Kindly let us know through rhi.hkghv.executive.office@renaissancehotels.com so that we can arrange it for your future visits.

We hope you had a pleasant stay with us otherwise.