“Recommended fastfood budget cafe”
Review of Toast Box

Toast Box
Ranked #960 of 11,403 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

I had a coffee, toast w jam and a chicken curry w rice. Everything was very tasty and the chicken curry portion pretty big.
It's a convenient busy place for locals and tourists. Nevertheless, my food came very fast due to a organized staff.
I can recommend!

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

A good place to get that fix of sweet, sour and salty Singapore treats. Close enough to the real thing, but still not close!!!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

We went to Tai Koo to see an art exhibition and we entered the Toast Box to take breakfast. Outside, the pictures of the dishes on the menu suggested small portions. We chose, we paid and we sat down. Then they brought us trays with great breakfast very well served and delicious. Unfortunately, Tai Koo Toast Box has closed. It's a pity because it was a nice place, with the atmosphere of a French café. The decor was very nice and pleasant.
Some of the other TB like this one in Silvercord Mall, despite the very good food, are in malls, not so pleasant places.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Uniquely singaporean experience. We had our Teh C Kosong, half boiled eggs and toast por lo pau. Love it.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place randomly whilst on holidays in Hong Kong when I wasn't sure what to eat. I ordered Singaporean laksa and my partner ordered chicken curry with roti. Both dishes came with a free drink either lemon tea, coffee or lemon water.
I really enjoyed my laksa even though it only has two prawns in it, it also had tofu and this pork patty thing which looked like fake meat but I'm not sure what it's called. The laksa soup had a fishy type of taste but the taste was great.
My partners curry was even better! I think his curry would have been nicer with rice but it was really good. Had potatoes and a few pieces of big chicken.
The lemon tea drink was horrible! And the lemon water was acceptable- sort of like Lipton ice tea that you buy in the bottles at 7 eleven but very sweet tasting.

I also bought the pandan cake which was amazing! Nice soft and perfect.